FF slow on android phone

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
required_alias

FF slow on android phone

Post by required_alias »

First, apologies if this is a common question. Haven't done much of a search because I don't know the lingo.

Samsung phone. I run FF as my browser. When going to a new web site, the page appears to load up to 70-80% complete. Note, by "appearing," I'm looking at the orange? bar under the address bar. At that point, the loading frequently stops for 2-2.5 minutes (yes, I've timed it) before page load is complete. Wifi speed is 70-80. How do I eliminate the long loads?
Daifne

Re: FF slow on android phone

Post by Daifne »

Moving to the Mobile Forum
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Unless Mozilla has changed this Firefox... it does not come with a Quit option... so, I installed an extension that provides that when you hit the 'hamburger' button... and I mention this because in installing that extension it also seems to have added a line in the privacy options to clear private data... and I have that checked...

So, that may be your issue? ... hard to tell... but once starting Firefox and letting it settle down (seems to take about 3-4 seconds on this old Nexus 7) ... my browsing is fine... so, maybe clearing out that stuff might help?

Anyway... just a thought.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
required_alias

Post by required_alias »

Sorry, I'm completely confused. Are you saying I need to ad an extension? If so, which extension?

And what "stuff" do I need to clean out?
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

required_alias wrote:Sorry, I'm completely confused. Are you saying I need to ad an extension? If so, which extension?

And what "stuff" do I need to clean out?
Sorry... I was thinking of something different... hopefully others will have your answer.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!