Individual IPs per tab

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
4747TableMesaDr

Individual IPs per tab

Post by 4747TableMesaDr »

Hello, I am a bit of a newb here after a very long time using Chrome thinking to myself "Google vouches for this, what could be better?" Well, after being hit with ransomware and having my only option for loading multiple accounts for things like Gmail is to log in, log out, log in, log out...or trying to open a butt-load of "incognito" windows, the frustration finally got to me, as I spent %90 of my time trying to get Chrome to do simple stuff, very very simple stuff...and always having to go into Macgyver-mode.

So far I really love what I am seeing, in the same way I have always loved Joomla with tons of developers making all sorts random extensions which made working with all the things I could find so much more fun. It was like witchcraft without a spell-book.

What I wanted to check on, was if there might be a way to set each tab (or if this is not possible, each window) with different IP addresses, as a bonus it would be extremely more awesome if those IP addresses would be able to rotate in new IP addresses every few minutes, hours, or when the browser restarts.

If any of you know how this can be done, please point me in the right direction, PM me, or simply post here -- I would be very grateful.
Grumpus

Re: Individual IPs per tab

Post by Grumpus »

Which side of the line for the IPs are you referring?
Your identifying IP changing as read by each site on a tab or random site IPs rotating through a series of tabs, like random read of bookmarks?
If it is done locally your IP for each site visited changed would break connections unless each change was fast enough but you would then run afoul of the ISP unless there was an instantaneous agreement by the ISP for a provided range. That is unless you have managed to hack the servers for the ISP and become a defacto administrator granting priveledge to the IP changes, regardless of what changes, faster than a few milliseconds. You could go and find an old 128 channel motorized switch which would change the connections but you'd have little control over what occurred as the speed changes would not be random enough, in other words the speed might be regulated on an rpm basis but not on a stop start random rotation, speed would be constant regardless of which speed would be changed or set.
You might be able to find something like an old electro-mechanical 7 wheel decoder which could change the individual numbers for the IPs but again the tie in would look like something from Rube Goldberg.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
therube

Post by therube »

I'd think something like that would make the "Spammers Handbook for Dummies, 101" an instant success.

You could load a page.
Open a tab/window, change your Proxy settings, load a page.

Now that assumes that once you've loaded a page, you no longer have the need to interact with it.
And that you have a set of working proxies you can select from.
Might be an extension to accomplish similar?
An online "anonymizer" might allow you to set particular IP range or country?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

ransomeware dont care about IPs. you got hit because your security concept lacks - still lacks. ransomeware care about unpatched vulnerabilities, outdated software - drive-by by payload free infections.

@therube - the major problem for your suggestions is that each load time has another ip - for static pages no issue, but for some with a session-id or similar or banking absolutely no-go! looks like hijacking or MITM and woul cause bans or more. worst case is to banned from banking.

anyway looks like paranoia after ransomeware - as i mentioned dont care about such mechanisms.

Malwarebytes anti-ransomware (MBAR) (free) can prevent. chrome runs in sandbox mode, not really possible if user works as user, not as admin.