Announcing "All Tabs Helper"

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Kevin Jones

Re: Announcing "All Tabs Helper"

Post by Kevin Jones »

avada wrote:These have a red text color. Does that mean that they're supposed to be firefox-wide hotkeys? (the options windows shows no hint.) Anyway I don't think they're supposed to be active when I type in a textbox or an input field.

(PS What's "alternate tab open" feature is supposed to be doing? I don't see anything)
This is all explained in "Keyboard Help" in Options > Keybindings.
I can't change it to most ctrl+alt+something (or altgr+something), because ATH doesn't accept it. I get for example just a "G" when I press altgr/ctrl+alt g. (If I hammer the shortcut I see the character it refers to flashing for a split second.) If I save for example "G" ATH breaks it for all text input. So it seems most altgr/ctrl+alt shortcuts (thos that have a character assigned) are excluded. I have a fair bit of those:
What are you meaning by altgr?
Kevin Jones

Post by Kevin Jones »

pista wrote:I've noted that opening a link in a new tab (by right clicking and selecting the first tem in the contextual menu) makes ATH sidebar first taking and then losing the focus, and this result into an annoying flickering (the sidebar goes from gray to white and then to gray again).
Maybe it depends on some of my settings, so I ask: which settings can I use to prevent the problem I have described?
That is the million-dollar question. Please see my reply to this comment:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14697659
Kevin Jones

Post by Kevin Jones »

Allasso wrote:What are you meaning by altgr?
From what I understand, altgr == ctrl + alt.
avada

Post by avada »

Allasso wrote:
avada wrote:These have a red text color. Does that mean that they're supposed to be firefox-wide hotkeys? (the options windows shows no hint.) Anyway I don't think they're supposed to be active when I type in a textbox or an input field.

(PS What's "alternate tab open" feature is supposed to be doing? I don't see anything)
This is all explained in "Keyboard Help" in Options > Keybindings.
I can't change it to most ctrl+alt+something (or altgr+something), because ATH doesn't accept it. I get for example just a "G" when I press altgr/ctrl+alt g. (If I hammer the shortcut I see the character it refers to flashing for a split second.) If I save for example "G" ATH breaks it for all text input. So it seems most altgr/ctrl+alt shortcuts (thos that have a character assigned) are excluded. I have a fair bit of those:
What are you meaning by altgr?
The Alt Gr key to the right of the spacebar. (See the image I attached before). I don't know if it's actually the same as pressing ctrl+alt, or programs just treat it that way for the most part.
pista

Post by pista »

Allasso wrote:
pista wrote:I've noted that opening a link in a new tab (by right clicking and selecting the first tem in the contextual menu) makes ATH sidebar first taking and then losing the focus, and this result into an annoying flickering (the sidebar goes from gray to white and then to gray again).
Maybe it depends on some of my settings, so I ask: which settings can I use to prevent the problem I have described?
That is the million-dollar question. Please see my reply to this comment:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14697659
I was able to replicate the issue on a fresh installation, that is, a new Firefox profile with ATH addon just installed and using default options.
If you check "Always show searchbox in all menus" you also should experience sidebar taking/losing focus when opening/closing tabs.
Kevin Jones

Post by Kevin Jones »

pista wrote:I was able to replicate the issue on a fresh installation, that is, a new Firefox profile with ATH addon just installed and using default options.
If you check "Always show searchbox in all menus" you also should experience sidebar taking/losing focus when opening/closing tabs.
Oh yes, I just realized a configuration error I made when implementing the new API. Unfortunately I had the other similar issue before that :-/

I should be updating ATH (hopefully) sometime today or tomorrow.
pista

Post by pista »

Allasso wrote:
pista wrote:I was able to replicate the issue on a fresh installation, that is, a new Firefox profile with ATH addon just installed and using default options.
Oh yes, I just realized a configuration error I made when implementing the new API. Unfortunately I had the other similar issue before that :-/

I should be updating ATH (hopefully) sometime today or tomorrow.
No hurry! It's only important that you have identified the source of the issue! Thank you.
asdafds

Post by asdafds »

Sorry I can't understand this:

Code: Select all

For sidebar UI, Added option to choose buttons for menu mode selection
(like that used in "List all tabs" drop-down UI) or familiar combobox.
This option can be selected in Options > Appearance > Sidebar.
NOTE: Buttons for mode selection is now the default. Those who wish to
continue using the combobox will need to select it in Options window.
I don't see any change when I change that option, maybe it needs a restart? What should I look at?
Kevin Jones

Post by Kevin Jones »

asdafds wrote:Sorry I can't understand this:

For sidebar UI, Added option to choose buttons for menu mode selection
(like that used in "List all tabs" drop-down UI) or familiar combobox.
This option can be selected in Options > Appearance > Sidebar.
NOTE: Buttons for mode selection is now the default. Those who wish to
continue using the combobox will need to select it in Options window.
I don't see any change when I change that option, maybe it needs a restart? What should I look at?
You need to at least close the sidebar then re-open it to see the change.
Kevin Jones

Post by Kevin Jones »

ATH has been updated:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... bs-helper/

Updates:

Reworked "display searchbox in all menus" option introduced in the last
update in attempt to give a better and more intuitive user experience.
The option is now called "Show searchbox in 'alltabs' menu". In this
mode the user stays in the alltabs menu when searches are performed,
instead of switching to "search" menu as in previous update.

This includes the addition of the option to choose which
titles/urls/content filtering mode to use which can be independent of
"search" menu's filtering mode.

See Options > General > "Show searchbox in 'alltabs' menu" and related
options.

Also fixed bug which, when in this mode, caused ATH menu to steal focus
when a tab was opened or closed.

Reworked UI appearance to achieve more effecient use of space in menus and
allow more text to be visible. To save space, the current tab pointer has
also been eliminated and the current tab is indicated by bolder and
slightly larger text.

Refactored Options window to give a more intuitive outlay with new
options resulting from recent updates.

Added hidden preference which disables the display of the info window
when ATH has been updated. In about:config ...

extensions.alltabshelper@alltabshelper.org.dontDisplayVersionAlert
Set to `true` if you do not want to see version alerts.

NOTE: I highly recommend not to disable version alerts, and furthermore
to read the information that is in there. I find many users who miss out
on new features or have trouble after an update simply because they didn't
read the new information.
digital_carver

Post by digital_carver »

Thank you for the great updates, the searchbox in all tabs is a tremendous UX improvement to me.

One feature request: I understand the menus don't display Pinned tabs by default for the sake of compatibility with default All Tabs menu, but having an option to not have that compatibility, to be able to select and search for Pinned tabs would be a very useful option to have. It can even be an "advanced" about:config option, having the feature at all would be great.

Thanks again for your hard work.
avada

Post by avada »

Allasso wrote:ATH has been updated:
Thanks for this! Neat update.

There's a small issue: when I change the "typing automatically initiates a search" the firefox windows jumps on top of the options window, which disappears behind it.
pista

Post by pista »

Thank you.
I have another suggestion. I find misleading the label "ATH x/y" at the sidebar top, where x is the total number of tabs and y is the ordinal position of the first tab displayed in the sidebar. Shouldn't be more useful to have y indicating the ordinal number of current tab?
Kevin Jones

Post by Kevin Jones »

pista wrote:Thank you.
I have another suggestion. I find misleading the label "ATH x/y" at the sidebar top, where x is the total number of tabs and y is the ordinal position of the first tab displayed in the sidebar. Shouldn't be more useful to have y indicating the ordinal number of current tab?
It all depends on your perspective I suppose.
rayquaza88

Post by rayquaza88 »

Sorry for posting it here but I cant find the thread for tabs group helper. I was wondering if you could make it possible to move tabs in bulk from "Window 2" "group 1" to "Window 1" "group 2" maybe you could make the add-on compatible with multiple tab handler or make the manage group window include groups from other windows or something. Also would be nice to have the option to display the tab groups bar under the navigation bar if possible and make an option for the TGH button to show/hide tab groups bar instead of group manager.

Thanks a lot for creating the add-on and maintaining it.

EDIT: I noticed a bug. Moving bunch of tabs from window 2 current group to window 1 current group causes the new moved tabs to not display on the group manager ( Ex group 1 w1 has 100 tabs g1 W2 has 3 tabs I move those 30 tabs to G1W1 now that group has 130 tabs. I open the group manager to move those 30 tabs to a new group and the manager and the tab list on the tab group bar only shows the first 100 original tabs It doesn't show the new 30 tabs that were moved.