How I can change e-mail on mozillaZine?

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
Саша Черных

How I can change e-mail on mozillaZine?

Post by Саша Черных »

I want to receive my notice to another e-mail, not e-mail, by which I register on this site.

I can not delete my account and create new account.

Can I change my e-mail, by which I register on MozillaZine?

Thanks.
LIMPET235

Re: How I can change e-mail on mozillaZine?

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
There's a User Control Panel at the top right hand side where you can edit your prefs. ----------------------------------->>
&, we do not delete Accounts, just de-activate them.
If you do not want to use one, just ask for it to be de-activated.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
grace1

Post by grace1 »

Copy any messages in the old account that you want to keep to "Local Folders".

Verify the messages were copied okay. For example, verify your largest folder has the right number of messages and read one of them.

Delete all of messages in the old account, empty the trash and compact the accounts folders. The reason for doing this is when you delete an account it doesn't delete the accounts folders.

Delete the old account using Tools -> Account Settings -> Account Actions -> Remove Account.

Add a new account using Tools -> Account Settings -> Account Actions -> Add Mail Account.

If you had used the old accounts SMTP server as the default SMTP server, replace it using Tools -> Account Settings -> Outgoing Server (SMTP) -> Set Default.

If you had created any multiple identities for the old account create replacements.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

grace1 wrote:Copy any messages in the old account that you want to keep to "Local Fold
Read the thread title, the OP wants to change the Email address used on MozillaZine, not set up another account in an Email client!

User Control Panel > Profile > Edit account settings.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)