LOST E MAILS!

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
wwe

LOST E MAILS!

Post by wwe »

Hi. I have a real problem now. Long story but I posted a topic earlier about trying to copy my SEA MONKEY e mails (IN BOX, SENT etc) to Apple Mail. I was able to get the current IN BOX e mails in but not the older ones. Anyway, in the meantime while trying to figure it out I created a NEW PROFILE on SM. Honestly I forget why but what that did was lose everything I had in my old SM like e mails, bookmarks and address books. Since I have TIME MACHINE on my Mac I thought I could get them all back this way but so far no luck. I just talked to APPLE and the person I spoke to couldn't help so he said he would have a senior advisor call me tomorrow although who knows if he can help so I thought I'd ask you guys.

Does anyone know of a way I can retrieve all off my lost e mails, bookmarks, address books, etc.

The servers was a POP one.

Many many thanks.
barbaz

Re: LOST E MAILS!

Post by barbaz »

If you can just switch to the prior profile, Tools > Switch Profile.

If not, see this KB article - http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_ ... _SeaMonkey
wwe

Post by wwe »

Oh my; God! Oh my God!!You SAVED MY LIFE! I cannot thank you enough. I REALLY mean it. If you lived in Sarasota Fl I'd take your out to the most expensive dinner anywhere.

I have had a Mac since 1987 and this is what I have feared the most but it never happened until tonight. I was going crazy. Talked to Apple but they were no help.Also talked to my server and they couldn't help.

But you really really saved the day!

THANK YOU THANK YOU! THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH. You are a damn genius!!

Thanks my friend.

Paul
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

You're welcome, glad it worked out. And thank you for the kind words. 8-)
wwe

Post by wwe »

My pleasure my friend!