HOW TO EXPORT E MAIL FROM SEA MONKEY TO MY DESKTOP

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
barbaz

Re: HOW TO EXPORT E MAIL FROM SEA MONKEY TO MY DESKTOP

Post by barbaz »

The emails are stored in the files that have no extension. It is those files that you will want.

The .msf are index files for SeaMonkey.
The .sbd are actual folders aren't they? If so, they should contain more of the same type of stuff as what you've listed. All of what I write in this post applies to their contents.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Files with the extension .msf are a sort of index file and you don't need to export those. SeaMonkey will recreate them when they are required.
The .sbd structures are used by Thunderbird to manage folder hierarchies, so if you have a folder named OLD COMCAST SENT E MAILS which in turn has sub-folder within it, there will be a OLD COMCAST SENT E MAILS.sbd entry. You will need to create the folder hierarchy for such things in the new profile but you can then move the old files to the new profile, placing them into the same locations.

Only files with no extension (Inbox, NEW paul@, etc) actually contain messages. (Note that using non-alphanumeric characters in folder names may cause problems.)
wwe

Post by wwe »

Thank you both for your help. I am working on trying to solve this now. I appreciate everything.