SeaMonkey Mail

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
dogbows

SeaMonkey Mail

Post by dogbows »

I am receiving mail sent to my SeaMonkey mail, but I cannot send mail. I get various error messages, but cannot figure out how to get SeaMonkey mail to send messages. The latest message says: " An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: Anonymous traffic is not allowed on this port. Use AUTH command at first.. Please verify that your email address is correct in your Mail preferences and try again."

Help!
DanRaisch

Re: SeaMonkey Mail

Post by DanRaisch »

* Who is your mail provider?
* Without divulging your e-mail address or account name, what are your server settings, including server name, port number, and choices for "Connection security" and "Authentication method" under Tools>Account Settings>Outgoing Server (SMTP) (at the bottom of the list of accounts on the left)>*server*>Edit?
dogbows

Post by dogbows »

First off, there is no Account Settings under Tools. But Authentication method is password to email account. Connection Security is None because I had already tried all of the other options. SMTP is smpt.inbox.com. Server name is pop3.inbox.com, port 110.

The error message I gave in my first post was not the first error I received. The first error message said my password was invalid. It was not invalid because I used it to access my mail online. But I kept getting that message over and over until it finally gave me the message that I posted above.
dogbows

Post by dogbows »

And now it is not sorting mail into the Folders I created.
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

Maybe because the free service was discontinued?

Inbox.com free email service will be discontinued | Inbox Email & Resource Center

But if you are now getting mail and it isn't being sorted into the folders you created, check the filters you created to direct the mail to those folders.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
dogbows

Post by dogbows »

I have never had the free service. My service is a paid subscription that is good until August 2017. And I have checked the folders and edited them to make sure they are set up right. I've done this all before. I've used SeaMonkey mail for several years now. But this is a new download and it has not worked right from the start.
dogbows

Post by dogbows »

Since no one here has a clue, I have removed SeaMonkey forever!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I have removed SeaMonkey forever!
Locking this as the OP apparently no longer requires support for SeaMonkey.