Displaying Emails in Full HTML Option Gone

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
MacLingo

Displaying Emails in Full HTML Option Gone

Post by MacLingo »

There use to be an option when you were looking at the original copy of an email to display it in full HTML format. That option has disappeared on my computer. Did I do something to make that happen or was there an update that didn't include it anymore? In any case, I would really appreciate having it back.

I'm running version 45.4.0.

Thanks for your help.
Mac Berkeley, CA
Mac Lingo
Berkeley, CA
DanRaisch

Re: Displaying Emails in Full HTML Option Gone

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Thunderbird as no bug has been identified here.

Where are you looking for that option? It's located (as it has been) under menu path View->Message Body as->Original HTML.
MacLingo

Post by MacLingo »

Dan,
First thanks for the reply.

And yes, what you've just told me is gets the mail displayed when you choose one in either simple or full HTML.

But what I am remembering is that when you displayed an email in "Simple HTML",
you also saw an option on the "Reply, Forward, Archive ..." Line that gave you the
option there to see it in "Full HTML" format. And that option has disappeared on my
Thunderbird window. Was it taken off, or has the basic Thunderbird code been changed?
Mac Lingo
Berkeley, CA
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

I don't recall ever seeing such an icon. Might it have been created by an extension?
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I would agree with Doug. I don't remember that functionality ever being in the standard installation of Thunderbird. It does sound like this extension might match your description -- https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... src=search