How to contact board administrators when locked out?

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
davidhedlund999

How to contact board administrators when locked out?

Post by davidhedlund999 »

When I try to login with an old user account I get this message for both "I forgot my password" and "Resend activation e-mail":

"Your account has been manually deactivated and is only able to be reactivated by an administrator."

Obviously I cannot log in so I have to try the IRC channel:

"MozillaZine has its own channel on irc.mozilla.org called #mozillazine. Come and join us!" - http://www.mozillazine.org/chat/

The channel says

"Welcome to #mozillazine || This channel is unmaintained, and no one here has any connection to the mozillazine website anymore. || For questions on Firefox see #firefox - Thunderbird: #thunderbird - Others: Check the channel list"

How am I suppose to contact board administrators when I'm locked out (creating new accounts is not convenient)?
Daifne

Re: How to contact board administrators when locked out?

Post by Daifne »

This subforum, Site Discussion, allows you to post as a guest, so just post here.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

What user name were you using when you initially registered on the forums?
davidhedlund999

DanRaisch wrote:What user name were you using when you initially registered on the forums?
davidhedlund
davidhedlund999

Daifne wrote:This subforum, Site Discussion, allows you to post as a guest, so just post here.
Perhaps that message and a link to the subforum can be added next to "Your account has been manually deactivated and is only able to be reactivated by an administrator."?
teeeest

Post by teeeest »

Daifne wrote:This subforum, Site Discussion, allows you to post as a guest, so just post here.
I also suggest that we add "allows you to post as a guest" to MozillaZine Site Discussion like this

"Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome. Allows you to post as a guest."
davidhedlund999

How do I see all my posts even when I'm not logged in?

When I click on my name "davidhedlund999" and then on "Search user’s posts" I'm going to http://forums.mozillazine.org/search.ph ... 6&sr=posts but this page require login to display the content.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Only the Site Discussion forum is open for guest posting. Since all of your posts are in Site Discussion you don't need to be logged in to view them.

The only forum account listed with your email address is the one you are currently posting with.

Post by Guest »

davidhedlund999 wrote:How do I see all my posts even when I'm not logged in?

When I click on my name "davidhedlund999" and then on "Search user’s posts" I'm going to http://forums.mozillazine.org/search.ph ... 6&sr=posts but this page require login to display the content.
If someone has replied to a post by your username then you could try searching the board for that name. "Search user’s posts" is limited to registered, logged in folks.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

davidhedlund is reactivated. Try it now. You had no posts under that account.
davidhedlund999

* I suggest that you add "OPEN FOR GUEST POSTING. Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome. " to the Site Discussion forum description. What do you think about it?
* Add the Site Discussion forum link to "I forgot my password" and "Resend activation e-mail" like this: "Your account has been manually deactivated and is only able to be reactivated by an administrator. YOU CAN POST AS GUEST IN THE Site Discussion FORUM". What do you think about it?
* In http://www.mozillazine.org/chat/ I suggest that you add: "This channel is unmaintained, and no one here has any connection to the mozillazine website anymore." as this text is in the topic of the channel. What do you think about this?
davidhedlund999

Daifne wrote:davidhedlund is reactivated. Try it now. You had no posts under that account.
Can you please have a look on my questions?
davidhedlund999

DanRaisch wrote:Only the Site Discussion forum is open for guest posting. Since all of your posts are in Site Discussion you don't need to be logged in to view them.

The only forum account listed with your email address is the one you are currently posting with.

Can you please have a look on my questions?
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Us moderators can't do anything about any of that. The Admin is the only one who can, and I doubt he'll do anything until maybe after he updates the forum software. He has said it's in the works, but I have no idea when he's planning on actually doing that. It will probably be a while since he's very busy and the upgrade will take a lot of babying. The last upgrade was almost a catastrophic failure, so he's very cautious about it now.
davidhedlund999

Daifne wrote:Us moderators can't do anything about any of that. The Admin is the only one who can, and I doubt he'll do anything until maybe after he updates the forum software. He has said it's in the works, but I have no idea when he's planning on actually doing that. It will probably be a while since he's very busy and the upgrade will take a lot of babying. The last upgrade was almost a catastrophic failure, so he's very cautious about it now.
Thank you for updating me. I appreciate that.