GMail :: New Support Notification

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Myhrddin

GMail :: New Support Notification

Post by Myhrddin »

Well, although it can be dismissed .. It is disconcerting that GMail is now displaying a compatibility strip along the top of the page when opening a window to their web interface to view your GMail. Please see screenshot below. I hope that this is known, or certainly will be now .. and that something's in the works to avoid any future conflicts that could even deny access to the web version of GMail.

With SeaMonkey being the most direct and complete successor in the long line since Mosaic/Netscape/Mozilla & now SeaMonkey .. I could not bear to see anything happen to it. Please help to make someone in programming aware of this issue so we don't have to employ tricks to keep using Google services the way I've had to do to be able to keep access to my Chase.com accounts.

Thank you.!
---screenshot-----
http://mehrlin.com/2016/Mozilla/GMail%2 ... 0-v1cc.jpg
Last edited by DanRaisch on October 13th, 2016, 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Image tags removed to restore page formatting.
DanRaisch

Re: GMail :: New Support Notification

Post by DanRaisch »

That's just Google not being terribly accurate in their browser sniffing. You can tweak the User Agent String in SeaMonkey so it reports itself as Firefox to eliminate that annoying warning.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamon ... -switcher/
Myhrddin

Post by Myhrddin »

Thanks Dan. I'll have a look at that.
I'm just not looking forward to having to go 'round and install it on probably more than half my clients' systems in person because they're not comfortable with this sort of thing. *chuckling ..

Ends up being one of those things that upsets people when they encounter it, generating lots of calls and concerns about "Am I going to have to use another program to load my bank or google or ..."

Anyway, I appreciate the pointer to the extension and will be testing it out today.!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.
isaacschemm

Post by isaacschemm »

I just went on gmail and didn't see the message, so I think Google is only showing it because it thinks the browser is out of date (Firefox 43).
When a new SeaMonkey version comes out, it should go away.