uBlock Origin - hide elements permanently with addon disable

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
mark_jd

uBlock Origin - hide elements permanently with addon disable

Post by mark_jd »

I am wondering if it is possible to hide elements of page permanently using the element picker feature in uBlock Origin addon? Some sites won't let you see they content if you have the addon enabled, so you have to disable it and go through a pages full of ads. I use the element picker to hide the ads, but when the addon is disabled the changes are not permanent and after refreshing the page the ads appear again. I am wondering if the changes can be made permanent with the addon disabled?
gorhill

Re: uBlock Origin - hide elements permanently with addon dis

Post by gorhill »

mark_jd wrote:but when the addon is disabled the changes are not permanent and after refreshing the page the ads appear again. I am wondering if the changes can be made permanent with the addon disabled?
The changes are permanent, but when you disable uBO for a site you are telling it to stop applying filters for that site.

There are solutions for anti-blockers, report such issues to filter list maintainers. I also try to help if you submit all the appropriate details as asked at https://github.com/uBlockOrigin/uAssets/issues.