[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
juozas

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Post by juozas »

@Aris

I can confirm the bug on a New virtual machine by creating one from scratch. The only changed settings are: Pointing device: ps2 mouse, Ram: 768 MB (1024 MB default, half of total ram on my pc), Video ram: 32 MB, Hardware acceleration not enabled (default)

After starting xubuntu 16.10 LiveCD, running firefox in safe mode, disabling ubuntu addon, restarting in normal mode, installing CTR and importing settings, still buggy. Maybe my version of VirtualBox (5.1.6, Comming from ubuntu repositories, also is a bit outdated, running on xubuntu 16.10 host) is faulty? I'm puzzled (p.s. at the time of installation, there were no official build for my distribution so I installed one from ubuntu repositories)

Update: Installing official Virtualbox (5.1.8), will update if any changes.

Update x2: Same results on first vm, new vm broken too, running new Official virtualbox version.
Сделано в СССР
Aris

Post by Aris »

@juozas

I don't think the version of VirtualBox is the problem here. I tested with 5.1.4 and 5.1.8 (and their corresponding vbox tools), 2gb and 4gb of ram and 128MB of video ram.
Most likely your system and therefore your virtual system too are very weak and fail to properly work with the short timings I set for appmenus webdeveloper popup. I will increase those timings on next build. Maybe this will change and fix things for you.
VoxPopuli

Post by VoxPopuli »

Aris wrote: Sorry, but that happens on purpose. "Automatically adjust titlebar space" tries to keep the space between windows top edge and tabs toolbar. You are not supposed to remove that option unless you know why.
This behavior is different from older Firefox/CTR versions, but changes in Fx48 lead to what we have now.
... and you're right, I had absolutely no idea why. I just see a checkbox, and I uncheck it :lol:
Sorry for the noise.
Aris wrote: The 1px difference is only present with Windows Classic theme, right?
At first glance, yes.
Aris wrote: I will fix this on next update.
Thanks.
VoxPopuli

Post by VoxPopuli »

Aris wrote: The 1px difference is only present with Windows Classic theme, right?
I will fix this on next update.
1.5.9b6 does not solve this problem.
However, adjusting the tab height to 27px (instead of 28px) is a possible workaround.
Aris

Post by Aris »

You did not mention custom tab height before or did I miss it? Custom tab height has not effect on 'reduce space above tabs toolbar' option.

My previous tests fixed the 1px issue for me:
- Windows 7 classic OS theme
- CTR 1.5.9b6
- squared tabs v1/v2
- 'reduce space above tabs toolbar'
- 'hide tabs toolbar with one visible tab' + 'automatically adjust titlebar space'
- 'Firefox buttons on titlbar v2'
- custom tab height disabled!

Good thing 'custom tab height' can be used as a workaround for your issue.
VoxPopuli

Post by VoxPopuli »

Aris wrote: You did not mention custom tab height before or did I miss it? Custom tab height has not effect on 'reduce space above tabs toolbar' option.

My previous tests fixed the 1px issue for me:
- Windows 7 classic OS theme
- CTR 1.5.9b6
- squared tabs v1/v2
- 'reduce space above tabs toolbar'
- 'hide tabs toolbar with one visible tab' + 'automatically adjust titlebar space'
- 'Firefox buttons on titlbar v2'
- custom tab height disabled!
Yep, this is exactly my config. I use to use FX portable instead of creating a test profile.

In fact, I use a custom tab height for a couple of years now, but I just forgot it: a little userChrome.css file lost in a hidden folder... :oops:
So, there were in fact 2 bugs: a new one that you have successfully fixed with 1.5.9b6, and a very old one, still unfixed, that I fixed myself some years ago with a custom CSS.
Aris wrote: Good thing 'custom tab height' can be used as a workaround for your issue.
Yeah, now as good as it used to be :)
Don't waste your time trying to fix the older bug.

Thank you very much for your follow-up!
tntc4

Post by tntc4 »

This is not a CTR issue but I want to ask here if someone can help.

description of issue:
when I bookmark a site via bookmark star in the address bar or bookmark toolbar button, the dialog box pop up and I can select name, folder etc.
this popup still remain open untill I move mouse out of their boundaries.
after few seconds the pop up closes istelf.
can someone help me to stop auto closing this dialog box.
I wish this pop up to be remain opened untill I click "Done" button.
thanks.

edit:
actually I decide to disable all my addons.
test if can reproduce this problem - can't reproduce.
then I reenable only CTR and try to reproduce the problem... - yes I can reproduce the problem.
The popup still close itself after few seconds even if my mouse pointer is in boundaries of the popup.
so my decision is CTR make bookmark popup to close itself after few second. :(
Aris

Post by Aris »

Are you using CTRs option to hide the bookmarking popup?
(CTR rel) CTR prefs > General UI (2) > 'Bookmarks star: hide popup (if page is not bookmarked)'
(CTR beta) CTR prefs > General UI > Page 2 > 'Bookmarks star: hide popup (if page is not bookmarked)'

Also try to disable the bookmarking animation to see, if this improves things for you.
(CTR rel) CTR prefs > Animation > 'Bookmarking animation'
(CTR beta) CTR prefs > General UI > Animation > 'Bookmarking animation'

Does this happen, if those options are disabled?
Does this happen, if bookmarks button is on a toolbar instead of location bar?
Also try Portable Firefox with only CTRs latest beta installed and report, if you can reproduce the issue there.
tntc4

Post by tntc4 »

see my settings.
and how to uncheck (CTR beta) CTR prefs > General UI > Animation > 'Bookmarking animation' if checkbox is disabled?

see screenshots.

edit:
i tested (CTR beta) CTR prefs > General UI > Page 2 > 'Bookmarks star: hide popup (if page is not bookmarked) and this option works oposite as expected.
1. not hide popup when this option is checked.
2. hide popup after few seconds when this option is unchecked.

o.O
Aris

Post by Aris »

I can tell you how it is supposed to work and how it works for me (bookmarks button on toolbar or in location bar):
- Bookmarking a page not yet bookmarked hides the popup before it even appears.
- Hitting bookmarks button on a page already bookmarked opens the popup normally and it stays until you hit done, remove or click outside the popup.

I'm not sure what is causing this for you, but can you confirm this behavior on Portable Firefox with only CTR 1.5.9b7 installed?
tntc4

Post by tntc4 »

ok I tested it (Windows 7, FireFox 49.0, CTR 1.5.9beta7) and the result is...
the behaviour is as folows:
1. when this option is enabled (General UI) >> Page 2 >> "Hide popup" - first click on bookmark icon not open any popup, if I click on the icon again in the next few seconds the popup shows.
2. when this option is disabled (General UI) >> Page 2 >> "Hide popup" - clicking on bookmark icon open popup and when mouse is out of bounddaries of popup it hides itself.

the conclusion is:
- this is Firefox behaviour (to hide popup when mouse is out of bounddaries of popup)

you can't change this behaviour I know, anyway thanks for such a great addon.

update:
I tested this on fresh new Virtual PC with Windows 7, FireFox 49.0.1, CTR 1.5.8.1
the behaviuor is same even when I disable all addons (only CTR installed at this moment)

when I bookmark any page the popup hide itself (after few seconds) when mouse is out of bounds of this popup. :(
Last edited by tntc4 on November 12th, 2016, 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

I am wondering if I just have not found the way to do this. I would like to have both the Firefox button on the tab bar and the OS titlebar which means the option "Use Firefox titlebar instead of OS titlebar" must be unchecked. Thanks.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Aris

Post by Aris »

Not possible. You can not add anything to the OS titlebar. I can only offer code to make button visible on Firefox titlebar and on another toolbar simultanously, if needed.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

@Aris,

Never mind.

I thought I had tried using Customize... to move the Firefox button to the tab bar in the past and it did not work. I just tried it and now it works. Go figure! :turn-l:

Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Aris

Post by Aris »

Alright, I was under the impression you wanted something impossible like this: