[Ext] CustomizeMyBird

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
WildcatRay

Re: [Ext] CustomizeMyBird

Post by WildcatRay »

@Aris,

Is it correct that if you have the menu above tabs, you cannot place the T-bird button on the left end of the tab bar?
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Aris

Post by Aris »

Normally there is no way to place buttons on the left end of tabs toolbar (=before first tab), but the option to switch positions of 'tabs' and 'tab toolbar buttons' should help you with that. Menubars position does not affect this behavior.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

I'll have to check that out when I get home. Thanks, Aris.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Aris

Post by Aris »

Try this:
- move menu button to tabs toolbar (customizing mode)
- go to CMBs options page
- hit option "Tabs and tab toolbar buttons: switch positions"
- hit option "Main appmenu button: alternative appearance"
- feel free to customize the button even further

You probably should uncheck the suboption "higher position (tab toolbar / menubar)", if the menubar is above tabs toolbar or the button might look misplaced. Same applies, if the button is on menubar and menubar is below tabs toolbar.
Acid Crash

Post by Acid Crash »

Hi Aris.
Just a suggestion. It would be nice to give an option to use default Australias tabs.
Also there is a small graphical bug regarding App button (placed on the tab bar).
The app button has a border radius on is bottom side.
When clicking on ot the bottom border disappears (i am using Win 10).
Aris

Post by Aris »

Curved tabs would not be (fully) compatible to some of CMBs options like tab border roundness or tab height (very glitchy). Also the option to move application button to a higher position on tabs toolbar would not work properly anymore. Considering that squared tabs are this add-ons main feature, disabling them would cause too much trouble with other settings imho.

Application buttons border radius is set to 0 once the button is active (=popup menu opens). It was like that in Firefox for a long time and is now too (with CTR).

Good thing Thunderbird does not require add-on signing. Open the xpi file, go to \content\css\ and remove main_ui.css. Repack the add-on as zip and move it into add-ons manager to install the modified version.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Aris wrote:Try this:
- move menu button to tabs toolbar (customizing mode)
- go to CMBs options page
- hit option "Tabs and tab toolbar buttons: switch positions"
- hit option "Main appmenu button: alternative appearance"
- feel free to customize the button even further

You probably should uncheck the suboption "higher position (tab toolbar / menubar)", if the menubar is above tabs toolbar or the button might look misplaced. Same applies, if the button is on menubar and menubar is below tabs toolbar.
Thanks, Aris, works fine.
Ray

Acid Crash

Post by Acid Crash »

Hi Aris,
Thanx for the explanation regarding Australias tabs.
Still maybe you can add a 1px border on top of the navbar because the squared tabs have darker borders and look a bit mis-styled (I'm on Win10)
Image.

Also I have one idea regarding messages tree view.
Some mail clients combine sender and subject in one element for more optimized space usage
Here is Opera mail
And Postbox

Recently I found a style that tries to replicate this behavior but with some bugs and issues
https://userstyles.org/styles/133918/th ... ux-3-panes

Maybe you consider to implement such feature (of course if this is possible)?
Last edited by Acid Crash on November 12th, 2016, 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

I have another suggestion. For the Thunderbird button, alternate icon images similar to what you offer for the Firefox button in CTR.
Ray

Aris

Post by Aris »

Acid Crash wrote:Hi Aris,
1. Thanx for the explanation regarding Australias tabs.
Still maybe you can add a 1px border on top of the navbar because the squared tabs have darker borders and look a bit mis-styled (I'm on Win10)
http://pastenow.ru/Upload/Paste/174A6.png.

2. Also I have one idea regarding messages tree view.
Some mail clients combine sender and subject in one element for more optimized space usage
Here is Opera mail
http://ysoftika.com/uploads/posts/2015- ... l-os-x.jpg
And Postbox
http://tr1.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/2012/07 ... 373293.png

Recently I found a style that tries to replicate this behavior but with some bugs and issues
https://userstyles.org/styles/133918/th ... ux-3-panes

Maybe you consider to implement such feature (of course if this is possible)?
1. This is a Windows 10 issue, right? Win7/8 both provide the mentioned border by default for me.
I will add a border fpr Win10 on next update.

2. Changing mail content is not what I have planned for this add-on. Its not simply switching/moving text/labels, but completely rebinding mail content. Just using css like the userstyle you linked requires tons of modifications by the user for this to look "good" on every setup. There are variable width factors that every user needs to adjust like width of every main row in vertical layout, visibility of rows (subject, from, date...), width of every row (subject, from, date...), order of rows (subject, from, date...). I don't think such a feature will made it into CMB.
WildcatRay wrote:I have another suggestion. For the Thunderbird button, alternate icon images similar to what you offer for the Firefox button in CTR.
This should be possible. ;-)
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Thanks, Aris.
Ray

Aris

Post by Aris »

@Acid Crash
Install current dev build and post some feedbarck about the Windows 10 glitch.

@WildcatRay
Test the new 'icon only' option current dev build provides.

Code: Select all

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bj92o9a3wq450qx/CMB_v1.0.3.20161114.xpi?dl=0
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

@Aris,

Looks good.

Have you made a note to add that users must also check the icon only option to apply the icon? Or, perhaps grey the icon choices until icon only is checked?
Ray

Aris

Post by Aris »

That won't be necessary. I will remove the "icon only" checkbox and just add a "..." to radio list as first/default selection. That will keep custom text until an icon get selected.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Sounds good.
Ray