Firefox "Freezes" When Rendering on Android Tablet

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
BrowseMail

Firefox "Freezes" When Rendering on Android Tablet

Post by BrowseMail »

I am using the Firefox browser app with uBlock Origin on an Android 5 Lenova TAB 2 tablet. Overall, it works great - but I notice this peristent issue:

When opening the Firefox browser (usually for the first time in a session) and navigating to a page, only the first top of the page is rendered and nothing else happens. However, if I go back to something else (e.g. view the home screen), then come back and continue browsing, everything is fine.

Just wondered - can anyone shed any light on why this might be happening or know how to fix it? Has anyone else come across this issue?
DanRaisch

Re: Firefox "Freezes" When Rendering on Android Tablet

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Mobile.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

It may not be related to your issue... as I'm on a Nexus7 1st Gen... but when I start up Firefox (I have my bookmarks as home page) ... if I press any bookmark nothing will happen... I've waited around 1 minute just to test it out... but if I wait around 10 seconds before I do anything with Firefox... stuff works fine from then on.

Also... if when I start Firefox and do not wait that 10 seconds 'and/but' I long press one of those bookmarks to open in a new tab... it load fine... then if I close that tab... the other bookmarks open fine.

So, it seem that even though it looks like Firefox is ready to be used ... there must be stuff going on in the background that has to complete before a user can use it... or, maybe it is due to my old tablet... I have no clue.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
BrowseMail

Post by BrowseMail »

Interesting... Thanks for sharing. I'll keep a look out to see if I notice anything. I use a fairly new and reasonably spec tablet where I get the "freeze" issue. Also, I notice that Firefox 50 is out today, perhaps that might make a difference (desktop version provides increased startup speed).
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

You're welcome... and thanks for the update info.....
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!