So... should I post bugs here or the bugzilla?

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
easy_pie

So... should I post bugs here or the bugzilla?

Post by easy_pie »

As subject says. I'm wondering how this relates to the bugzilla. There seems to be a woeful lack of information regarding reporting bugs for firefox. I can't seem to find a single mention in the mozilla support pages
James

Re: So... should I post bugs here or the bugzilla?

Post by James »

You can discuss possible bugs here first so a better report can be made in the Bugzilla.mozilla.org general issues tracker and also so duplicate reports are not made. A random thread or post on a forum is not really a place to keep track of things.

Note mozillaZine.org is a independent site and is not run by nor a part of Mozilla.org as there is no mozilla.org links on top or bottom like a typical *.mozilla.org page.

Mozilla has had their own support forum for desktop Firefox for several years and then more recently some other things at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
easy_pie

Post by easy_pie »

Thank you. Very odd that that page is so hard to find, and is not mentioned anywhere on the firefox support pages.
easy_pie

Post by easy_pie »

James wrote:You can discuss possible bugs here first so a better report can be made in the Bugzilla.mozilla.org general issues tracker and also so duplicate reports are not made. A random thread or post on a forum is not really a place to keep track of things.

Note mozillaZine.org is a independent site and is not run by nor a part of Mozilla.org as there is no mozilla.org links on top or bottom like a typical *.mozilla.org page.

Mozilla has had their own support forum for desktop Firefox for several years and then more recently some other things at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions

Thank you, I'll make a post here first then and see what people think
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

easy_pie wrote: Very odd that that page is so hard to find, and is not mentioned anywhere on the firefox support pages.
Main reason for that is that Bugzilla is not meant for general complaints and suggestions it is meant as a production tool
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
easy_pie

Post by easy_pie »

malliz wrote:
easy_pie wrote: Very odd that that page is so hard to find, and is not mentioned anywhere on the firefox support pages.
Main reason for that is that Bugzilla is not meant for general complaints and suggestions it is meant as a production tool
I do sometimes get the impression that mozilla regards it's users as an inconvenience