Suggest Adding a New item to the ABOUT screen

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
bilbo3558

Suggest Adding a New item to the ABOUT screen

Post by bilbo3558 »

I would like to see what version of Firefox i am using ... 32 or 64 when i bring up the ABOUT screen.

Firefox updates have a nasty habit of dropping back to 32 during an update of a 64 bit exe.

Right now, the only way i know to see what i got after an update is go to Task Manager.
LIMPET235

Re: Suggest Adding a New item to the ABOUT screen

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
"We" cannot add anything to Firefox.
I suggest that you go to...
Help > Submit Feedback & try there.

Good luck.

ps. & by all accounts, we're lucky to still have the "About Firefox" option.
"They" nearly removed it.
Nutters.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

bilbo3558 wrote:I would like to see what version of Firefox i am using ... 32 or 64 when i bring up the ABOUT screen.

Firefox updates have a nasty habit of dropping back to 32 during an update of a 64 bit exe.

Right now, the only way i know to see what i got after an update is go to Task Manager.
Never had that happen here in this 64bit version... do you 'always' click on the Update in the Firefox Help area ... or do you download a new Firefox at times...??

Also... I have a bookmark with about:about in the bookmarks Location line... it displays all the about items... in there is the about:buildconfig and it shows the source as being the 64bit build... I think... it's the first time I've looked at it ... so, if others have more info about that data... please post here... anyway, as I read it... it shows a 64bit build.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
James

Post by James »

bilbo3558 wrote:I would like to see what version of Firefox i am using ... 32 or 64 when i bring up the ABOUT screen.

Firefox updates have a nasty habit of dropping back to 32 during an update of a 64 bit exe..
mozillaZine is not a part of nor run by mozilla.org http://www.mozillazine.org/about/ as Mozilla has their own support site at support.mozilla.org

32-bit Firefox will update to 32-bit Firefox and 64-bit Firefox will update to 64-bit Firefox. The Win64 Firefox only works on 64-bit Windows 7, 8 (8.1), 10.0.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ho ... -or-64-bit

Your useragent seems to be overridden? Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/36.0 ZemanaAID/FFFF009F

So look at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ho ... nt-firefox to reset it to default.
toolong

Post by toolong »

I have never had an install of Firefox 64 bit get updated and switched to a 32 bit install.

As for your 'suggestion' this has been added in Firefox 51 which is currently in beta and scheduled for mid Jan 2017 release.