New Theme: NASA Night Launch

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
mystik_

Re: New Theme: NASA Night Launch

Post by mystik_ »

Crossing fingers for his candidate... 8-)

:D
calmerthanthedude

Post by calmerthanthedude »

Works on Firefox 51 Beta 1 With version remover method and Stylish menu fix.
DaveImagery

Post by DaveImagery »

calmerthanthedude wrote:Works on Firefox 51 Beta 1 With version remover method and Stylish menu fix.
What is the Stylish menu fix? I'm on the 50 release, and using the FT DeepDark theme, until hopefully NNL gets updated. I wouldn't say it's a close second, but it's better than the stock FF.
mystik_

Post by mystik_ »

It works fine for me on FF 50 with the installed "Disable Add-on Compatibility Checks" addon.

https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/a ... atibility/

8-)
DaveImagery

Post by DaveImagery »

mystik_ wrote:It works fine for me on FF 50 with the installed "Disable Add-on Compatibility Checks" addon.

8-)
I'm using that addon as well, when you go to click on options menu, it's all screwed up and freezes. That's why I'm intrigued about the "Stylish menu fix"
mystik_

Post by mystik_ »

DaveImagery wrote:
mystik_ wrote:It works fine for me on FF 50 with the installed "Disable Add-on Compatibility Checks" addon.

8-)
I'm using that addon as well, when you go to click on options menu, it's all screwed up and freezes. That's why I'm intrigued about the "Stylish menu fix"
Yepp i noticed this too now on version 50 :shock:

Reinstalled 49 - will use this until any fix is published. Didn´t find any other dark / black theme where also new tabs, bookmark popup etc are dark too.
DaveImagery

Post by DaveImagery »

mystik_ wrote:
DaveImagery wrote:

8-)

Reinstalled 49 - will use this until any fix is published. Didn´t find any other dark / black theme where also new tabs, bookmark popup etc are dark too.
I'm staying with 50. I love the faster startup time. Consider using the FT DeepDark theme, it's not horrible, and it's been updated twice just since I installed it. That's refreshing.

I too hope NNL gets updated, but until then I'll make due with DeepDark.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... b-dl-users
mystik_

Post by mystik_ »

DaveImagery wrote:
mystik_ wrote:

8-)

I'm staying with 50. I love the faster startup time. Consider using the FT DeepDark theme, it's not horrible, and it's been updated twice just since I installed it. That's refreshing.

I too hope NNL gets updated, but until then I'll make due with DeepDark.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... b-dl-users
Many Thanks for the link :D

Just installed this theme - it´s great :P
Ciannicay

Post by Ciannicay »

moz_g wrote:calmerthanthedude
I added to stylish

Code: Select all

.panel-subviews{
    display: none  !important;
}
and it's ugly but works.
For the less experienced users, would you please mind to explain which file (where ist is located in the .xpi) and where in that file you did deploy that change?
I have searched the unpacked .jar for three hours by now without finding where i would have to put that code segment :(

Please help!

Kind Regards
Ciannicay
moz_g

Post by moz_g »

Ciannicay wrote:
moz_g wrote:calmerthanthedude
I added to stylish

.panel-subviews{
    display: none  !important;
}
and it's ugly but works.
For the less experienced users, would you please mind to explain which file (where ist is located in the .xpi) and where in that file you did deploy that change?
I have searched the unpacked .jar for three hours by now without finding where i would have to put that code segment :(

Please help!

Kind Regards
Ciannicay
Stylish are for the less experienced users. Just google "Stylish".

But if you want more advanced editing of this theme, make it:

Remove

-moz-box-orient:vertical;
from 62 line beginning with

.autocomplete-richlistitem
in nasanightlaunch@example.com.xpi\chrome\inner.jar\appver\fx45\appver-specific-autocomplete.css. This will fix too big addressbar.
This will need double archivation, first into inner.jar, and second into nasanightlaunch@example.com.xpi.

And add the NEW nasanightlaunch@example.com.xpi\chrome\inner.jar\browser\customizableui\panelUI.css document in to archive, with content

@import url("chrome://nasanightlaunch-appver/skin/appver-specific-customizableui-panelUIOverlay.css");
This will fix menu bug. And it will works and looks normal.

I would rather put the edited theme, but the rules of the forum, I think, will not allow this.
Ciannicay

Post by Ciannicay »

moz_g, you are simply the greatest!

Those changes inside the NNL where what I was trying to achieve.
... and I did use google for stylish - I have never seen so much pages about dresses and general outfit in my life (and hopefully wont see them again *yuck*).
After quite some searching I found out the "Stylish" is yet an other addon for mozilla - that was in fact the info I was missing. All good now.

Thanks a great deal man!

Kind regards
Ciannicay

<edit> i wish i could give you a "thumbs up". You really deserve it, but I cant find a way to do in here *sigh*</edit>
PyroGXPilot

Post by PyroGXPilot »

how to edit the .xpi or is there a fixed one to d/l
moz_g

Post by moz_g »

Ciannicay
Thank you for kind words.

PyroGXPilot
Open about:support, "profile directory->open containing folder", extensions, and nasanightlaunch@example.com.xpi (nasa night launch theme file) open with winrar, 7zip or something else. XPI = zip archive.
PyroGXPilot

Post by PyroGXPilot »

Is there a certain compression used for .jar/.xpi
Ciannicay

Post by Ciannicay »

PyroGXPilot wrote:Is there a certain compression used for .jar/.xpi
No, it is exactly ZIP. Rename the file (or a copy of it) from xxx.xpi to xxx.zip and use your favorite tool for .zip files.