Periodic Send Problems & SM Not Accepted

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Dritz

Periodic Send Problems & SM Not Accepted

Post by Dritz »

Hi,
I have two issues. First, not all the time but periodically when I go to send an email, the box pops up that says it's connecting to the outbound server but then it's like it gets stuck there and fails. If I switch to say one of my other email sub accounts and just click "get messages" and then go back to my main mailbox and attempt to send, it works. But if I just keep trying to send without doing that, it won't go. I don't know if that's a SM issue or AT&T. At least I have found a way for it to go but it is a little annoying. Any ideas?

More and more I'm running into problems where SM isn't being accepted as a browser for a website. I have that happen with Chase Bank where now I have to use Chrome to gain access to my account. But the latest is having a problem with Netflix. It accepts my log on and seems to work with SM but I noticed that their Search function was acting wacky. When I called Netflix, they said it may be my browser and sure enough, when I used Chrome it worked fine. I'm not a frequent flyer on this forum so I'm not up to date on changes in the works etc. So, I'm just wondering, will we eventually be forced to use another browser or are there plans in the works to enable us to still use SM? I love SM and do not want to use another browser but I'm not sure whose hands that's in. [-o<
DanRaisch

Re: Periodic Send Problems & SM Not Accepted

Post by DanRaisch »

Do the same things occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
Dritz

Post by Dritz »

No, I've never used safe mode before.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Dritz wrote:More and more I'm running into problems where SM isn't being accepted as a browser for a website. I have that happen with Chase Bank where now I have to use Chrome to gain access to my account.
This method reportedly "fixes" Chase - http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14716742

For value, use this one instead.

Code: Select all

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0
Dritz wrote:No, I've never used safe mode before.
Well, you wouldn't have, as it's only a diagnostics mode. It's not meant to be used permanently. :)
Redbugdave

Post by Redbugdave »

Hi Dritz, I have had the same send problem lately. I also have AT&T and think it is that. I very rarely have a problem with a website, and when I do I temporarily switch over to Explorer for that site.
Dritz

Post by Dritz »

Hi Redbugdave! Thanks for the information. More and more I tend to think the send problem is AT&T because the issue is with trying to connect to their outbound server. Now today it hasn't happened at all, knock wood. Dare I say maybe they've fixed it? I too switch over to Chrome when I have a problem with a website accepting SM but I wish that wasn't necessary. I love SM and hate that we're forced to do that. I know, the way of the world but still, it bugs me. Anyway, thanks for letting me know you too have had issues, makes me feel better...not that you're having problems but that hopefully it's not just me!