Firefox & Thunderbird Add-on Converter for SeaMonkey

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Frank Lion

Re: Firefox & Thunderbird Add-on Converter for SeaMonkey

Post by Frank Lion »

LMHmedchem wrote: How can I figure out what went wrong here?
Look in the Error Console under Tools > Web Development.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
LMHmedchem

Post by LMHmedchem »

Frank Lion wrote:
LMHmedchem wrote: How can I figure out what went wrong here?
Look in the Error Console under Tools > Web Development.
I have looked there, but I don't see anything obviously related to Disconnect. Is there something specific I should be looking for?

LMHmedchem
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

LMHmedchem wrote:but I don't see anything obviously related to Disconnect. Is there something specific I should be looking for?
Not really, but often with non-working extensions you'll see a distinct js error there pointing directly to the faulting extension, like when it cannot find the path that it expected to find, etc.

If you didn't see anything then that's about all you can do, except maybe contact the extension author and ask them if they would make their extension SM compatible.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Pauliemon

Post by Pauliemon »

Ghostery works fine with Seamonkey 2.40. I got version 2.9.5.1 - Signed to work. Can't remember how i found it. I think it was under complete version history. Some somewhat newer versions say they work with Seamonkey, Like version 6, but they didnt fully install.
Laurence

Post by Laurence »

After conversion, Popup Blocker Ultimate 6.3 has been working fine in SeaMonkey 2.40. (Thus far at least.)
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

Lightning 5.1b1 refused to load in SeaMonkey 2.46, however when I downloaded it and ran it through the extension converter, it loaded and runs just fine. Not a clue why the dif.
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

ndebord wrote:Lightning 5.1b1 refused to load in SeaMonkey 2.46, however when I downloaded it and ran it through the extension converter, it loaded and runs just fine. Not a clue why the dif.
Lightning is a binary extension, you should use only the Lightning version built from the exact same Gecko (and XPCOM) version as the mailer. If you can lay hands on a SeaMonkey built "with Calendar" (as the current trunk builds are), you should use it together with the Lightning that came with it (and which installs as APPDIR/extensions/{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}/, next to the built-in themes), not with any older — or newer — Lightning version in your profile.
Best regards,
Tony
Scarlettrunner20

Post by Scarlettrunner20 »

I upgraded SeaMonkey from 2.4 to 2.46 while on a relatively new profile with only two extensions (neither converted) and the upgrade was successful. Yesterday, I switched to my default profile where I have 26 extensions many of which are converted. SeaMonkey started to the taskbar and would not open properly. There was no checking (that I could see) for compatibility of all the extensions when I switched to the default profile for the first time since upgrading to 2.46.

I started in Safe Mode and updated the 5 extensions that had available updates. I tried again to start in regular mode and could not. So, I started again in Safe Mode and disabled all the extensions that had been converted. I tried again to start in regular mode and could not. I started again in Safe Mode and uninstalled all converted extensions. Then I was finally able to start my default profile normally.

I've converted a few of the extensions freshly and most don't work at all. A few like the essential NoSquint works partially now after conversion. I haven't had time to try to again convert all of the ones that had been working when converted on 2.4.
dlangton

Post by dlangton »

SeaMonkey 2.4 is 30 official releases in the past. I'd be surprised if the update worked at all. Are you sure you didn't upgrade from 2.40?
therube

Post by therube »

Likewise, NoSquint has long (probably in 30 official releases ;-)) not worked either.
(In the FF forums, or was it here ? there was discussion of NoSquint alternatives, & the one I looked at at the time, had its issues [both in general &] with SeaMonkey too.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Scarlettrunner20

Post by Scarlettrunner20 »

dlangton wrote:SeaMonkey 2.4 is 30 official releases in the past. I'd be surprised if the update worked at all. Are you sure you didn't upgrade from 2.40?

Yeah, I made a typo. :wink:
donpdw

Post by donpdw »

Used the addon converter to add UMMY RADIO
The converted addon works perfectly after moving to far right on SeaMonkey

http://addonconverter.fotokraina.com/convert.php

http://addonconverter.fotokraina.com/tm ... 3.2-fx.xpi

Excellent audio streaming radio addon

just needs ability to add stations
Last edited by LIMPET235 on January 8th, 2017, 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

This converts and works fine - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... l-tooltip/

Even in the original Firefox version, the tooltip displayed is a bit crude and wide. I have a correcting .css snippet for anyone who wants it.
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

Frank Lion wrote:This converts and works fine - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... l-tooltip/

Even in the original Firefox version, the tooltip displayed is a bit crude and wide. I have a correcting .css snippet for anyone who wants it.
Does this do anything ĕyond displaying near the mouse pointer the URL which SeaMonkey usually displays on the statusbar (at bottom left, just right of the "Browser" "MailNews" "Composer" "Address Book" and "Chatzilla" buttons) on mouseover on a link?
Best regards,
Tony
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

tonymec wrote:Does this do anything beyond displaying near the mouse pointer the URL which SeaMonkey usually displays on the statusbar (at bottom left, just right of the "Browser" "MailNews" "Composer" "Address Book" and "Chatzilla" buttons) on mouseover on a link?
Well, it also displays the link title, but it's main advantage is in productivity. When you put the mouse on a link, or possible link, then the link details are displayed just where the mouse is, instead of you continually looking down at the statusbar and back again. On pages with a lot of links that is a big plus.

It does also show the full link address and not the abbreviated one that you get with SM on long url addresses (they ellipsis the link in the middle to make it fit the allotted width). However, that is a very minor point.

I first used it when Firefox first, bizarrely, did away with the statusbar and, on default, had a hard to see label that flickered up in the bottom left on link mouseover. Theme-wise, obviously, I immediately put the statusbar back, but I do have to still test/use the default program, just to know what it is supposed to do.