Search engine troubles

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
macamba

Search engine troubles

Post by macamba »

I'm a long time user of Netscape -> Mozilla -> SeaMonkey. Today I was searching for the date an article was posted/released. First I got results from Google. So I went to my preferences, saw DuckDuckGo was my default search engine. Pressing on 'Manage Search Engines...' I saw Google was the first. I removed it. I repeated the search in a new tab, and the search result went to Wikipedia. Lastly I restored the defaults, moved DuckDuckGo to the top and both Google and Wikipedia to the bottom. Again I performed the search and again I got presented with a Wikipedia page.

Why is my search engine setting not used? :evil:
TPR75

Re: Search engine troubles

Post by TPR75 »

macamba wrote:Why is my search engine setting not used? :evil:
It's a known bug:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3026227
--
macamba

Re: Search engine troubles

Post by macamba »

For those not in the know what a sidebar is (menthioned in the article), press F9. On top right you'll find 'Tabs'. It is a dropdown box. Press it, select Search. The side panel will change. Your current preferred search engine will be shown in a drop down box. Open the box, and select your preferred search engine. You can close the side panel with the F9 key, or by pressing the small close button top right of the side panel.

Thanks for the headsup.