Is SeaMonkey x64 in the works?

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
Frank Lion

Re: Is SeaMonkey x64 in the works?

Post by Frank Lion »

JodyThornton wrote:I didn't agree then, and I'm glad I stuck with my gut. You know when something is doomed.
Doomed just because XP is being dropped? That would mean that all other browsers are already doomed, as they have dropped XP as well.

These are the Mozilla plans for XP (which I have on this box) - http://www.ghacks.net/2016/12/24/mozill ... -at-least/

Doomed because of a lack of a x64 build? Well, here's a one man band working solution for that - http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14726590

Word up, chum. Post at MozillaZine as though you are flailing around looking for any stick to beat the browsers here with and people are going to notice that.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
JodyThornton

Post by JodyThornton »

No I thought that after version 2.49 that there may have been additional difficulties in compiling SeaMonkey for any platform. That was all.
But why get defensive? Why is it so bad to criticize anything here? It's a browser, not a person. Browsers don't have feelings. If I wanted to come here and say Mozilla products were crap (just as an example) I should be free to do so. Nobody should let something like that get them out of joint. To me, that's a problem. I should be free to say what I like. Cripes. Touchy here.
Cheers,
Jody Thornton
(Richmond Hill, Ontario)
JodyThornton

Post by JodyThornton »

Just as a courtesy to myself and others on board here Frank, I went back and re-read some posts on this thread and another. Despite the fact I might have had a bit of mix-up topic-wise between posts, I fail to see how I was being in any way disparaging to anyone or anything. I just posted opinions. No beating up anything with a stick. Even when I disagreed with you, I wished you a Happy New Year. Everything is posted in a good spirit. I might contest or disagree with something. But I wasn't being nasty in any way.
:)
Cheers,
Jody Thornton
(Richmond Hill, Ontario)
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

JodyThornton wrote:Despite the fact I might have had a bit of mix-up topic-wise between posts, I fail to see how I was being in any way disparaging to anyone or anything. I just posted opinions. No beating up anything with a stick.
Good. I was just making a general observation, glad to hear that it doesn't apply to you.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)