Folder Nightmare

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
clericus2017

Folder Nightmare

Post by clericus2017 »

I set up folders for autofiling email and it is a total mess. Email going to the wrong places, etc. I now want to wipe out all the folder I created and just manually file my mail but can't find the entire folder list to disable. does anyone now where this list is located? I don't know why you can't undo what you have created for this "feature". Thanks.
DanRaisch

Re: Folder Nightmare

Post by DanRaisch »

What process did you use to create those folders?
Are the folders you created not visible in the left hand pane of the main Thunderbird window?
clericus2017

Post by clericus2017 »

My folders are visible on the left side pane. That isn't the issue. It's the filters I created to file mail into them that doesn't work. I'd rather file myself without the filters as they are misfiling everything. Thanks.
clericus2017

Post by clericus2017 »

I wasn't clear to start with. The folders are fine; it's the filters that don't work to file into them. sorry for the confusion. thanks.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

If you post some information on how those filters are configured perhaps we can offer some suggestions to help correct the issues you are having with them.
clericus2017

Post by clericus2017 »

I would do that except I can't see them anymore once I created them. I can't find my filter list. I would like to see the list of filters I created to see if I could refine them but can't locate them. Where are they? I created straightforward filters using the sender's name and folder they go into. Hope this helps. thanks.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Try menu path Tools->Message Filters->click on the entry for one of the filters and then click on the Edit button.
clericus2017

Post by clericus2017 »

Found it! Thanks. Don't know where it was prior when looking for it. Editing now and testing. First test went ok.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Your welcome. Glad to hear things are working out.