¿Bug? tab not show

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
DonTV

¿Bug? tab not show

Post by DonTV »

Those images are from version 50.1.0 one running on Win 10 (not show) and XP the other (the right). The error was in win 10, in the same machine but in Vivaldi the image it's ok.

https://s28.postimg.org/8gkqat6nh/firefox2.jpg

https://s29.postimg.org/5d7pyi1qv/Firefox1.jpg

Thanks in advance.
dfoulkes

Re: ¿Bug? tab not show

Post by dfoulkes »

1st...

It looks like you used the editor of this forum to hightlight your original URL where you screen-shot is located... thus messing up your post. When posting it's best to Preview you posts prior to hitting Submit button...

2nd... I worked out your url's to these two pics...and I see your issue...
https://postimg.org/image/vi1bgk6ax/
https://postimg.org/image/vliunvlub/

This is the link to the main KB article for Safe-Mode ... give that a try and report back.
Safe Mode - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

The second test would be with a test profile... use it as-is..
Creating a new Firefox profile on Windows - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
And,.... DON'T TOUCH THAT "Choose Folder..." BUTTON! ... unless you fully know all about it.

Plus... just in case Firefox sees that as a popup... check your Options/Content ... if you have popups blocked... un-check the box, then refresh your problem page to see what happens.

BTW... I doubt very much that this is a bug-issue.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
DonTV

Post by DonTV »

dfoulkes wrote:1st...

It looks like you used the editor of this forum to hightlight your original URL where you screen-shot is located... thus messing up your post. When posting it's best to Preview you posts prior to hitting Submit button...

2nd... I worked out your url's to these two pics...and I see your issue...
https://postimg.org/image/vi1bgk6ax/
https://postimg.org/image/vliunvlub/

This is the link to the main KB article for Safe-Mode ... give that a try and report back.
Safe Mode - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

The second test would be with a test profile... use it as-is..
Creating a new Firefox profile on Windows - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
And,.... DON'T TOUCH THAT "Choose Folder..." BUTTON! ... unless you fully know all about it.

Plus... just in case Firefox sees that as a popup... check your Options/Content ... if you have popups blocked... un-check the box, then refresh your problem page to see what happens.

BTW... I doubt very much that this is a bug-issue.

In Safe-Mode works ok (not issue), then I stop one by one each Complement and Plug-In's and the issue continues. Creating a new profile not change the issue.
Thanks for your time.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoting dfoulkes:

-- What safe-mode does ..... Safe Mode temporarily affects the following:
* All extensions are disabled. --- * The userChrome.css and userContent.css files are ignored.
* The default theme is used, without a persona. --- * The default toolbar layout is used.
* The Just-in-time (JIT) JavaScript compiler is disabled. --- * Hardware acceleration is disabled.

-- Safe Mode has no effect on the following --
* The status of plugins is not affected.
* Custom preferences are not affected.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try turning off hardware acceleration in the new profile to see if that is helpful. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1075185
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

DonTV wrote:
In Safe-Mode works ok (not issue), then I stop one by one each Complement and Plug-In's and the issue continues. Creating a new profile not change the issue.
Thanks for your time.
I'll assume that you made absolutely no changes in that test profile? ...and then did your test.

Plus... of course... try what Dan posted about H.A.

EDIT: ... plus, I just viewed a flight in my test profile with H.A. turned on.. so, I'm running out of ideas.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

As an additional test/thought... you might see what happens if you bring down the portable version of Firefox. If you've not done that before just create a folder somewhere under you local area and point the installation to that folder... it does not really 'install' like one would think... and you can just delete the folder/contents if you don't want to keep it...
Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives
DonTV

Post by DonTV »

DanRaisch wrote:-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoting dfoulkes:

Try turning off hardware acceleration in the new profile to see if that is helpful. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1075185
Hardwaare acceleration OFF solve the issue

Thanks Dan
DonTV

Post by DonTV »

dfoulkes wrote:As an additional test/thought... you might see what happens if you bring down the portable version of Firefox. If you've not done that before just create a folder somewhere under you local area and point the installation to that folder... it does not really 'install' like one would think... and you can just delete the folder/contents if you don't want to keep it...
Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives
Thanks dfoulkes, for your support.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

You're Welcome! :D

It is strange though that H.A. on in my Win7 system had that working fine... in yours, not... I have some basic understanding about H.A. ... so, since it has the word hardware in it... I'll make an assumption that it is strictly hardware related :lol: ... but who know with the world of automation these days... ](*,) This old laptop probably doesn't even have that switch in it.
DonTV

Post by DonTV »

dfoulkes wrote:You're Welcome! :D

It is strange though that H.A. on in my Win7 system had that working fine... in yours, not... I have some basic understanding about H.A. ... so, since it has the word hardware in it... I'll make an assumption that it is strictly hardware related :lol: ... but who know with the world of automation these days... ](*,) This old laptop probably doesn't even have that switch in it.
I use Win 10, mother AsusB85M-G, Intel i5, and Asus Strix Radeon RX-460 4Gb.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Whether or not hardware acceleration will cause problems can be impacted by the video drivers running on the system. That means that the same hardware may work with acceleration on for one user but not for another if different versions of the video driver are involved.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Thanks for that Dan.... I probably knew that way-back-when ... horse and carriage times I believe :lol: