Making the copy to sent folder for a long time

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Vonha

Making the copy to sent folder for a long time

Post by Vonha »

Hello people, sorry my english:

I throw this question since I have tried all what I have found by the giant Google and I can not find the solution.
We have changed servers and therefore we have migrated all company mail to the new server.
Everything works fine except that every time you send an email, carry or do not carry an attachment takes too long "making the copy to the folder sent" when before the "chaos" of the migration made it instantaneous.

We used MozillaThunderbird, in case anyone had any doubts.

What have I tried?

- I have tried to disable the signature of the accounts in case it was in conflict.
- I have also tried to leave the empty "Sent" folder and locally delete the Sent.msf files which is the same as "repair the folder" all it does is "re-index" the folder.
- I have tried that the copy don't do it to any place but neither does it in the server.
- I have tested the copy in a local folder.
- I have tried to remove the certificates and try to send the message without encrypting anything.

None of the above has served me as a relevant fact: The accounts are configured as IMAP, with SSL for the incoming server and STARTTLS for the output. Already I say .. I have tried to leave it without the protocols and it has not worked either.

We begin to doubt that the fault is of the own company that provides us the internet service and mail but it is a strange thing, what do you think??

Thank you.
Nettkrawler

Re: Making the copy to sent folder for a long time

Post by Nettkrawler »

Hello.

Can there be a slower storage that causes this?

You mean mail server right? Have you tried to test TB against a Hotmail or gmail account and see if the problem persists?
Vonha

Post by Vonha »

Nettkrawler wrote:Hello.

Can there be a slower storage that causes this?

You mean mail server right? Have you tried to test TB against a Hotmail or gmail account and see if the problem persists?
Hi.
We're currently using both the e-mail service and the hosting of a Spanish telecommunications company. With different mail services we don't have this problem (Google, Yahoo, Hotmail ...).
We have also phoned the technical service of the company but they don't give us a solution.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Changing the target for saving Sent messages to a local folder should eliminate most lags involving an IMAP account. If that has not corrected the problem here it sounds as though the SMTP server is taking a very long time to response to Thunderbird's request to send the message.

Although you are running Thunderbird on a Linus system, are you running any security software, that is an anti-virus or firewall?
Vonha

Post by Vonha »

DanRaisch wrote:Changing the target for saving Sent messages to a local folder should eliminate most lags involving an IMAP account. If that has not corrected the problem here it sounds as though the SMTP server is taking a very long time to response to Thunderbird's request to send the message.

Although you are running Thunderbird on a Linus system, are you running any security software, that is an anti-virus or firewall?
We know this way to solve the problem but precisely one of the changes we did was to use IMAP instead of POP to improve service to people. It is not a valid option for us, since the service would be forcing us to have to leave the IMAP function because they do not make the copies to the sent folder well ... non-viable

For example, I use Linux without security. There are people who use Windows with security programs and without them. We all experience this problem in the same way, regardless of the S.O that we use.

We have again called the hosting company but they do not give us any short term solutions.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I was not suggesting that you abandon the use of IMAP but pointing out that, according to your original post, you did not find any improvement in performance on sending if the Sent folder was located on the local system. That should have improved performance by not requiring the storage of the outgoing message on the server. The fact that it did not improve things suggests that the delay is on the SMTP server side and not in Thunderbird itself.
Vonha

Post by Vonha »

Sorry, I had an error of understanding and explanation.

Yes, we notice improvement when doing the copy in local folders but we are not interested in having the service as well.
With the old IMAP service the copy was instantly, as with other mail servers, gmail, yahoo, etc.