Forwarding mail

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Bobbert

Forwarding mail

Post by Bobbert »

Is anyone aware of an add-on or feature that would allow one to forward an existing e-mail to oneself at some future date? I've investigated, but have come up short.
Rob
LIMPET235

Re: Forwarding mail

Post by LIMPET235 »

Not sure if you saw this one, but it may suit...
Send Later > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... src=search
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Bobbert

Post by Bobbert »

Limpet, this may be exactly what i'm looking for. I will test it and let you know.

Thanks.
Rob
Bobbert

Post by Bobbert »

Limpet, this works, but not as cleanly as i'd like. If someone sends me an E-mail with something that needs my attention, but can wit til some future date, i can't just forward it to myself at some specified future date. I must EDIT this E-mail and then send it to myself at some future date.

Don't get me wrong, the fact that it works is great (i need this function), just wish it could be more straight forward (no pun intended).
Rob
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi Rob,
As I ain't a Thunderbird guru & after a search of the Addons site, I'm not able to offer you a solution.

I take it that you do use another device/phone/ipad etc., & want to use that for checking email or is this just for use in Thunderbird?

Maybe someone more knowledgeable can assist.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Bobbert

Post by Bobbert »

Just for use in TB Limpet.
Rob
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

You could install Lightning, the calendar extension, and then right click on an email you need to be reminded of and choose Convert -> to event or Convert -> to task. You can then setup a reminder time to do whatever they need done. Lightning will popup a reminder, or can even email you the reminder.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
Bobbert

Post by Bobbert »

Actually, i've been using Lightning for some time now. That would probably work as well, but the SEND LATER may be more straight forward.

Thanks.
Rob
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Take a look at Nudgemail. Its a email service that will send you a reminder. They have some pricing plans but you can also use it for free. I assume you could also use it to forward a copy of a message.

Personally, I use ReminderFox instead of Lightning since my needs are minimal, its more mature (don't have to get a version that only works with a specific version of Thunderbird), and it uses far less resources. It can do alerts, alarms etc. too. I've never tried that feature but http://www.reminderfox.org/documentatio ... -messages/ talks about how to add a reminder to an existing email message, or when sending one.
Bobbert

Post by Bobbert »

Thanks for the info Tanstaafl.
Rob