How to sync with Firefox desktop

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
mrwul

How to sync with Firefox desktop

Post by mrwul »

Vainly search for a way to have Firefox Android sync bookmarks with Firefox desktop, meaning to say that Firefox desktop is the source.
Right now it is a mess, it seems to sync both ways and I end up with a lot of duplicates in Firefox desktop.
One way or the other I can't delete the bookmarks within Firefox Android.

Now, I have exported the Firefox desktop bookmarks to a html file (the correctly organized version so to say).
I might delete all bookmarks within Firefox desktop and restore the html backup and have the situation I wish, but once I wish to sync that version (the 'organized' version) with Firefox for Android I get all stuff from Android back.

Could not find an option to set the way of synchronizing: either FF desktop->FF for Android (or vice versa), i.e. 1 way only.
(Or alternatively, be able to delete all bookmarks with FF Android, so it syncs with the organized version of FF desktop bookmarks)

Any suggestions?

=
Reflective

Re: How to sync with Firefox desktop

Post by Reflective »

The Android version of FF is a nightmare and I sympathize with your predicament.

I can't answer your problem with sync I'm afraid, but to delete bookmarks, simply hold your finger on the one you want to delete until you get a menu. Delete is one of the options on that.
mrwul

Post by mrwul »

FF for desktop is my default browser. I do like it, because it can be configured to a large extend.
Like show a menu bar, add stuff like DownThemAll.
However, for Android, well.. Firefox is 'so-so' and Dolphin outperforms it.
I gave FF for Android a try as my password manager does not coorporate correctly anymore with Dolphin.
(by the way, in most cases neither with FF).
To get more or less the same 'environment' as the desktop FF I I tried this sync but got stuck.
Meanwhile, I think it is not possible to 'mass-delete bookmarks'.

=
Bockworscht

Post by Bockworscht »

That is not how it works anyway:

Mobile bookmarks and Desktop bookmarks are kept seperate!

So when you sync a desktop with a mobile, you get a folder "mobile" on your desktop, and a folder "desktop" on your mobile. You can find the bookmarks there.

So I am very confused about your case. A mobile device should never interact with the desktop bookmarks normaly.

Don’t you have the folders?