Metal Lion Sea Monkey & Silver Sea Monkey

Discuss application theming and theme development.
mightyglydd

Re: Metal Lion Sea Monkey & Silver Sea Monkey

Post by mightyglydd »

Frank Lion wrote:strange twitch on hoverover
Well I only have one button and it's a Star, just changed the icon and yeah, that twitch would drive me bonkers! :shock:
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

mightyglydd wrote: :shock:
Weird one, eh? Still, it's fixed, who cares why it was breaking?

As an aside, far too many themers in the past have grown old well before their time in the mistaken belief that you have to understand the default theme, read bugs and everything else before you can fix anything. I never have and never attempt to, I just look at what's wrong and fix it using the simplest code appropriate and don't give a damn about understanding anything.

The words of this is my method of theming - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKC8pSFg1Vw

:P
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

3pm Saturdays, METV :)
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

UPDATES -

Metal Lion Silver Sea Monkey

Version ~ 2.0.5.2

Compatibility - SeaMonkey 2.1a1 - 2.49

- Thunderbird 34 - 52

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamon ... ea-monkey/

Metal Lion Sea Monkey

Version ~ 2.0.4.0

Compatibility - SeaMonkey 2.1a1 - 2.49

-Thunderbird 34 - 52

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamon ... ea-monkey/

CHANGELOG -

#1. Content scrollbars coding now contained within the theme, meaning small extra extension is no longer needed.

Exactly the same coding as previous version, I've just moved stuff around now that 'override' is accepted with theme chrome.manifest, so that everything is now completely unrelated to Firefox.

Frank :)

Support Link - http://franklion.co.uk/contact.html

STATUS - Fully Reviewed.

Last edited by Frank Lion on February 20th, 2017, 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Frank Lion wrote:#1. Content scrollbars coding now contained within the theme, meaning small extra extension is no longer needed.
STATUS - Awaiting Review

Just got them via updates :)
Removed the Scrollbar extension. Scrollbars looking good.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Before I forget ....some people, including me, don't like the red/yellow security warning in the themes. However, to get through review I need to use something that catches the user's attention.

This sorts it -

Code: Select all

/*Franks Notification Bar Colour Fix...*/
#msgNotificationBar,.notification-inner  {
	background:#64992C !important;
	color: #000000 !important;}
jimfitter
Folder@Home

Post by jimfitter »

Code added, and thanks. :)
Inside every old man is a young man wondering what the hell happened. - Terry Pratchett
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Keep this next tip quiet, otherwise Pat will murder me. If you like everything about the Sea Fox ext. apart from it using an old style Addons Manager, then you can fix that.

Help>Troubleshoot Info> Open whatever> extensions>seafox@extensions.moz.xpi>chrome>content> and delete extensions.xul .Restart and you're done.

Easier to do than keep on trying to convince 'someone' that the Addons Manager stuff should be down as an option in Prefs. ;)
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

I noticed that the grey padlock in the urlbar for a blue https site has, er, vanished. Fix will be in next update but, meantime, this fixes it -

#identity-box[level="high"]:not([label]) > #identity-icon-lock {
 	filter: url("chrome://mozapps/skin/extensions/extensions.svg#greyscale") !important;
	filter:  grayscale(1) !important;}
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

A nice bonus for SeaFox users, who are also using my themes -

/*Franks SeaFox Findbar Fix for SM 2.48+ versions with Metal Lion styling added...*/

findbar {
     -moz-binding: url("chrome://communicator/content/bindings/findbar.xml#findbar") !important;}

#FindToolbar {
       -moz-box-ordinal-group: 10 !important;} 

#appcontent {
    -moz-box-direction: normal!important;}

.findbar-closebutton {
       -moz-box-ordinal-group: 0 !important;} 

.findbar-find-previous,
.findbar-find-next { -moz-appearance: none !important;
	min-width: 75px !important;
	height: 18px !important;
padding: 0px !important;
margin-top: 0px !important;
margin-bottom: 0px !important;
  	color: #000000 !important;
	background: linear-gradient(
		#ffffff 0%,
		#ebebeb 50%,
		#dbdbdb 50%,
		#b5b5b5) !important; 
	border-radius: 15px !important;
	border: 1px solid #929293 !important;
}

.findbar-find-previous:focus,.findbar-find-previous[default="true"],.findbar-find-previous:hover:active,
.findbar-find-previous[open="true"],.findbar-find-previous[checked="true"] {
  	-moz-appearance: none !important;
	color: #000000 !important;
	background: linear-gradient(
		to top,
		#ffffff 0%,
		#ebebeb 50%,
		#dbdbdb 50%,
		#b5b5b5) !important;
	border-radius: 15px !important;
	border: none  !important;
	text-decoration: underline !important;
}		

.findbar-find-previous > .toolbarbutton-icon,
.findbar-find-next > .toolbarbutton-icon {
  margin-left: 2px !important;
}

.findbar-find-previous .toolbarbutton-text { display: none !important; }
.findbar-find-previous:after { content: "Previous" !important;
                        display: -moz-box !important;
                        -moz-padding-start: 1px !important; 
}

.findbar-find-next .toolbarbutton-text { display: none !important; }
.findbar-find-next:after { content: "Next" !important;
                        display: -moz-box !important;
                        -moz-padding-start: 8px !important; 
}

.findbar-find-previous[disabled="true"]:after,
.findbar-find-next[disabled="true"]:after {
  opacity: .6 !important;
}
Incidentally, as you know, these themes theme T/Bird as well as SM. Trouble is, I don't actually use T/Bird myself. I know SM is looking fine with the themes, but it's probably about time I checked them on the latest T/Bird versions, so I'll do that soon.

No one has mentioned any problems, but you never know till you check it yourself. Things get very busy with other things every summer with me, so, er, the theming stuff always takes a back seat then.

In other news, I'm very pleased with AK2 and it was done to a proper Release standard, even though I'm not going to do a general public release on it (as I mentioned before, if I know you then just ask for it if you want it). I'm going to do a similar conversion job on ML BMV and then that'll be my lot on this stuff.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Frank Lion wrote:A nice bonus for SeaFox users, who are also using my themes -
Indeed, looks good with AK2 ; that's what I like about Stylish, one can turn things on and off and see the difference. :)
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

mightyglydd wrote:...that's what I like about Stylish, one can turn things on and off and see the difference. :)
Yeah, I can understand that.

When I'm working, I'm working directly on editing the theme .jar within the extensions folder and so - make change, hit Save on Programmer's Notepad (which has limitless Undos), hit Update in WinRar and then hit my Restart button on the browser, it restarts and the change appears. If I'm fine tuning a position, that process can happen well over 50 times an hour and is now a totally automatic progress and my hands are a blur on the keyboard.

Using userChrome.css is the same, but without the Update step, so it's easier for me to use/adapt to than Stylish.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

A simple userChrome.css snippet for SeaMonkey users -

/* Franks SM sidebar on right...*/
#main-window > hbox {
  direction: rtl !important;
}

/* stop the children inheriting this change*/
#main-window > hbox > vbox {
  direction: ltr !important;} 
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

I'm sure I've already done this, but maybe that was in AK2. Anyway, I was/am using ML Sea Monkey and noticed that the downloads notification is huge by default, this fixes it -

/*Franks smaller download notification...*/
#alertImage {
  width: 20px !important;
  height: 20px !important; }
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Well, it's that time again, boys and girls, on the Mr Beaver show to dive into the beaver bag......hold up, that's something else - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyZ6v3cLO54

Well, it's that time again, boys and girls, to do the bi-annual updates on these (and AK2 and Future Modern)

As you all know, Firefox 57 ended doing themes, so that's their loss. But, with that side exiting stage left, that does leave me more time to do these SM and T/Bird themes...even better :)

If you have spotted something, then let me know before I put out the updates or you'll have to wait 6 months otherwise. I think I've done all the little improvements I wanted. I came up with a few ideas when I was doing AK2, so I've added them into these 2 public themes now.

One of the minor changes I've made is to the red/yellow notification bar. This was ideal in alerting user's attention for browser alerts, which are few and far between and usually important on a browser. However, on Email clients these come thick and fast and are used for all sorts, so have been changed to a less strident greyish blue grad.

T/Bird was a pig - T/Bird default 56 tabs are based on the Firefox Australis curved one and T/Bird 58 uses by default the big slab ones, as seen on Firefox 58. This means that their tab coding is completely different, obviously.. I had to figure how to code my themes so that my tabs would look identical across these T/Bird versions. Not easy, but it can be done.

So, there you have it...updates will be out in a few days or so.

Frank :)