SeaMonkey 2.46 has been released !!!

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
barbaz

Re: SeaMonkey 2.46 has been released !!!

Post by barbaz »

JodyThornton wrote: no need to go defending myself.
Well, seeing that you used the term "they" instead of "I", I kinda figured that out already. But without having both the "they" and the full context - all of which is in the link(s) - it's impossible to assess the info you're going from.

Happy New Year, JodyThornton. :)
JodyThornton

Post by JodyThornton »

Happy New Year barbaz.
:)
Cheers,
Jody Thornton
(Richmond Hill, Ontario)
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

JodyThornton wrote:Frank Lion too has since chaged his stance.
Frank Lion has since sought clarification. That is not the same as chaging my stance.

I have sought clarification for a specific reason and it is not the reason some may think.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
JodyThornton

Post by JodyThornton »

Again not seeking anything argumentative Frank Lion - change of stance OR clarification. And no I didn't estimate any reason.
All I'm saying is that the outlook for SeaMonkey looks grim. I just look out the window and call the sky "blue".

Nonetheless, and more importantly. Happy New Year Frank Lion.
Cheers,
Jody Thornton
(Richmond Hill, Ontario)
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

JodyThornton wrote:Again not seeking anything argumentative Frank Lion - change of stance OR clarification.
I didn't say you were, but when someone assigns the wrong reasons to the things I write, then I always correct it. Otherwise, what they write would drift into mythical 'fact' over time.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Heads-up for OpenSUSE users: SeaMonkey 2.46 is now in the build service repositories and should appear in the regular update repositories soon. Note that since DOMi and ChatZilla are no longer distributed with the official releases due to the repack problems with the localized versions, you may receive a conflict warning with the seamonkey-dom-inspector-2.40 and/or seamonkey-irc-2.40 packages if installed. The only way to get the seamonkey-2.46 RPM installed is to accept their removal. As with the official releases, that doesn't matter for existing profiles which will retain their respective installed versions of those extensions. However. Lightning 5.1a1 has to be installed manually for here.
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

Does the "Seamonkey" internal updater (under help menu) no longer work?
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Worked fine for me with a 2.40 release installation on Windows 7, which found the 2.46 update and applied it without any issues. If it doesn't find anything for you, download the full installer from http://www.seamonkey-project.org/ and run it instead. However, make sure that your processor supports SSE2 (since you have FF 51.0 running, apparently it does).
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

For the record, SM 2.46 has now been installed on my XP and 7 64-bit PCs and all is well.

Many thanks to the developers for their great work!
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
JodyThornton

Post by JodyThornton »

I don't suppose anyone knows how to make SeaMonkey use original UI fonts from the system menus (in Puppy Linux). I'll check there too.
Cheers,
Jody Thornton
(Richmond Hill, Ontario)
Blackink

Post by Blackink »

New Forum member here. Signed up just to tell you how great the new 2.46 browser is running here and it's also running SeaTab X 2 add-on.

Using SeaMonkey 2.46 on 2 computers. Both running Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit and both are using the add-on SeaTab X 2 with no issues at all.

I love that add-on for closing out of tabs and it doesn't matter that the support page says it's not supported in this 2.46 release version of SeaMonkey. It's working just fine on both of my PC's.
One PC is a 1 year old that I built using an Asus mobo and an i5-4690K. The other is a 2008 Dell running with a SSD.

This browser has been running flawlessly since I made the upgrade right after the release.

Thank You.....Nice Work!!!
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

The "internal updater" finally "took", and updated me to 2.46. How does it choose when to do this?
Mouse5

Post by Mouse5 »

DN123ABC wrote:The "internal updater" finally "took", and updated me to 2.46. How does it choose when to do this?
it should Automatically Update you while your surfing ( Background update )
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

JodyThornton wrote:I don't suppose anyone knows how to make SeaMonkey use original UI fonts from the system menus (in Puppy Linux). I'll check there too.
Do you mean in the interface or the content? For interface, you can use a userChrome.css file to specify what font you want to use in whatever element(s). For content, you can set that from Preferences > Appearance > Fonts.
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

Peter Creasey wrote:For the record, SM 2.46 has now been installed on my XP and 7 64-bit PCs and all is well.

Many thanks to the developers for their great work!
SM 2.46 should work on WinXP as long as the XP computer has a CPU that supports SSE2 (Intel Pentium 4, AMD Athlon 64 [K8] or better). Otherwise SM 2.46 will refuse to install nor run on Windows based PCs that have old legacy CPUs that don't have SSE2 support.