SeaMonkey 2.46 has been released !!!

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
Frank Lion

Re: SeaMonkey 2.46 has been released !!!

Post by Frank Lion »

4td8s wrote:SM 2.46 should work on WinXP as long as the XP computer has a CPU that supports SSE2 (Intel Pentium 4, AMD Athlon 64 [K8] or better). Otherwise SM 2.46 will refuse to install nor run on Windows based PCs that have old legacy CPUs that don't have SSE2 support.
Again with this? - http://forums.mozillazine.org/search.ph ... mit=Search
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
James

Post by James »

4td8s wrote:SM 2.46 should work on WinXP as long as the XP computer has a CPU that supports SSE2 (Intel Pentium 4, AMD Athlon 64 [K8] or better). Otherwise SM 2.46 will refuse to install nor run on Windows based PCs that have old legacy CPUs that don't have SSE2 support.

You should read the thread or use findbar first for mention of need for a cpu that supports SSE2 as it was mentioned by frg on first page and the reply by rsx11m made before the post you quoted.
JodyThornton

Post by JodyThornton »

Anonymosity wrote:
JodyThornton wrote:I don't suppose anyone knows how to make SeaMonkey use original UI fonts from the system menus (in Puppy Linux). I'll check there too.
:)
Do you mean in the interface or the content? For interface, you can use a userChrome.css file to specify what font you want to use in whatever element(s). For content, you can set that from Preferences > Appearance > Fonts.
It was in the interface. On Puppy Linux, I use a Helvetica font as a UI system font. Once I upgraded to SeaMonkey v2.46, the system UI font setting was not respected.

I am already aware of the "global font setting" in userChrome.css, but it does not adress this - but I could at least shrink the font size.
:(
Cheers,
Jody Thornton
(Richmond Hill, Ontario)
kmike

Post by kmike »

I have also noticed the system font (one that is used for menus and interface) is looking different in 2.46/Linux. Also Youtube videos stopped working for me in 2.46. And the deal breaker was broken Sync (I'm using my own Sync 1.1 server and it works in 2.40). Went back to 2.40 for the time being, which is probably forever :(
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

The font issue may be a core thing - do you see the same with Firefox?
Youtube.com videos work for me (on Windows 7, that is).

FWIW: The 2.48 beta should be released once ewong is back from Chinese New Year festivities. 8-)
JodyThornton

Post by JodyThornton »

rsx11m wrote:The font issue may be a core thing - do you see the same with Firefox?
Youtube.com videos work for me (on Windows 7, that is).

FWIW: The 2.48 beta should be released once ewong is back from Chinese New Year festivities. 8-)
No I do not. It shows Helvetica. No worries. It's running at least.
:)
Cheers,
Jody Thornton
(Richmond Hill, Ontario)