FF 51 and the "invisible" bug

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
KasperskyITA

FF 51 and the "invisible" bug

Post by KasperskyITA »

Hi. With FF 51 I started having problems with some add-ons. The phrases are invisible http://i.imgur.com/iG6r3dZ.png unless I do not highlight with my mouse http://i.imgur.com/FbBg9IF.png .

Is a problem/bug with WebGL or Webextension? Help, thanks.

P.S. The add-on that I used as the test is called "Add-on Compatibility Reporter".
DanRaisch

Re: FF 51 and the "invisible" bug

Post by DanRaisch »

That image doesn't tell us where that is occurring. Where are you seeing that dialogue?

Also, do you have hardware acceleration enabled on that system? (Tools->Options->Advanced->General)
KasperskyITA

Post by KasperskyITA »

DanRaisch wrote:That image doesn't tell us where that is occurring. Where are you seeing that dialogue?

Also, do you have hardware acceleration enabled on that system? (Tools->Options->Advanced->General)
The dialogue you can see in the second image http://i.imgur.com/FbBg9IF.png only if it is selected.

I can now affirm that if I disable hardware acceleration, the problem disappear. Therefore it is a bug in FF and not of addons. What can I do about it?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

It's not necessarily a bug in Firefox, it's possible that there is a problem with the video drivers on your system. Have you confirmed that you are running with the latest version of those drivers?

BTW, many folks don't actually see much difference between performance with hardware acceleration on or off, so it may not really be much of an issue at all.
KasperskyITA

Post by KasperskyITA »

DanRaisch wrote:It's not necessarily a bug in Firefox, it's possible that there is a problem with the video drivers on your system. Have you confirmed that you are running with the latest version of those drivers?

BTW, many folks don't actually see much difference between performance with hardware acceleration on or off, so it may not really be much of an issue at all.
I'm using the latest Nvidia drivers (378.49) and if I disable hardware acceleration, the YouTube videos become jerky and therefore unwatchable. So apart the "many folks", for me it is a problem.
P.s. I'm using the same driver video as when I had the version of FF 50 and the problem with the add-ons would not show.
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

KasperskyITA wrote:
DanRaisch wrote:It's not necessarily a bug in Firefox, it's possible that there is a problem with the video drivers on your system. Have you confirmed that you are running with the latest version of those drivers?

I'm using the latest Nvidia drivers (378.49) and if I disable hardware acceleration, the YouTube videos become jerky and therefore unwatchable. So apart the "many folks", for me it is a problem.
P.s. I'm using the same driver video as when I had the version of FF 50 and the problem with the add-ons would not show.
Disable h/w acceleration and then install this extension: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... fy/?src=ss

You should find that YT videos play without hiccuping afterwards.
KasperskyITA

Post by KasperskyITA »

Reflective wrote:
KasperskyITA wrote:

Disable h/w acceleration and then install this extension: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... fy/?src=ss

Thank you but this is a temporary solution. What I want to know is if it also happens to others.
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Reflective wrote:Disable h/w acceleration and then install this extension: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... fy/?src=ss

KasperskyITA wrote:Thank you but this is a temporary solution. What I want to know is if it also happens to others.
I can't answer that without the link to the original image. Can you post that?
KasperskyITA

Post by KasperskyITA »

Exactly what image you're asking me?
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

:-k ..One of the two in your first post?
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
KasperskyITA

Post by KasperskyITA »

I hope goes well: http://imgur.com/a/n4WjZ
MarkRH

Post by MarkRH »

For those don't know, that dialog comes from the Add-on Compatibility Reporter :: Add-ons for Firefox

Anyway, I installed it and the told CTR not to use alternative background color for panel popups so it's the normal white, and I can see the dialog fine:

Windows 7 Pro 64bit with NVidia 550ti with 347.88 version drivers using a Windows Classic theme.

Do you have any other extensions or Stylish CSS rules that might be interfering with the appearance?
KasperskyITA

Post by KasperskyITA »

I have Stylish and other add-ons that might be interfering but disabling them all, nothing changes.
Summary: This happens since I updated to version FF 51. If i turn OFF the hardware acceleration, the problem disappears, the dialogue appear as it should.
MarkRH

Post by MarkRH »

I have Hardware Acceleration turned on here. If toggling that setting changes the appearance then I guess it's related to the video drivers in some fashion. I wonder what graphics handling was changed in FF51?
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

It looks that you have a white or transparent text color set.

Did you check the default color settings in "Options/Preferences -> Content -> Colors"?