Findbar Tweak is officially abandoned.

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
KilliK

Findbar Tweak is officially abandoned.

Post by KilliK »

Quicksilver, the developer of the popular and one the best addons Findbar Tweak, is officially stopping the further support of all his addons because of the upcoming WebExtensions ecosystem.

Here is his formal statement:
http://fasezero.com/lastnotice.html

I dont blame him, his decision is absolutely justified and I wager a lot more addons/themes devs will follow when WebExtensions is released.
How much this will eventually hurt Mozilla and its community, we ll have to wait and see.
Protocol

Re: Findbar Tweak is officially abandoned.

Post by Protocol »

Very sad.

I love this addon.
marty60

Post by marty60 »

This is unfortunate news but to be expected in the rush to give us another useless Chrome browser. Quicksaver was constantly updating the excellent Findbar Tweak and making it better with more options. If he's reading this I thank him for his work.
Last edited by marty60 on January 29th, 2017, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gort

Post by Gort »

Yes, this is terrible news. One of the many great extensions out there that Mozilla should be grateful towards, rather than sabotaging. Not sure what I'll be doing when Firefox 57 turns up, but it's getting harder to justify Mozilla's devs' obsession with self-mutilation.

Thanks, Quicksaver, for this excellent extension. Really enjoyed using it. :)
jp10558

Post by jp10558 »

So what are people switching to for extensions? I saw brave mentioned but have no idea what that is. I can hope Vivaldi is ready enough for me to use once ESR52 ends I guess. Man, the continued crapifying of browsers since the end of Opera Presto...