Firefox Beta 52.0b2 on Android = No more Twitter

Talk about Mozilla browsers for small devices such as PDAs and cellphones.
MrGolem

Firefox Beta 52.0b2 on Android = No more Twitter

Post by MrGolem »

Since at least Feb 6th, when visiting Any/All Twitter profiles with FF Beta 52.0b2, accessing pages from //mobile.twitter...

Page displays blue bird logo, centre
Then I see the Join/Login/Search icons with a white blank page
And a spinning blue circle and that's it.
Page NEVER loads
If I check Request Desktop site from FF Option, Page is NOT redirected
If I erase the word mobile. from the URL bar and reload, page can load BUT
Any attempt to click on a tweet to view replies, I see a white empty Box open/close and a message "Whooops! something went wrong..."

If I try with Firefox (original) 51.0.2, I can View //mobile.twitter... Loads and works,
if I Request Desktop Site, it does NOT redirect,
if I erase the word "mobile.", I can see the desktop version but
ALSO clicking on a tweet to view replies, I see a white empty Box open/close and a message "Whooops! something went wrong..."

I tried this on 3 Android tablets, all of them while switching between 2 different ISPs and also tried removing the ONLY addon, AdBlockPlus.
DanRaisch

Re: Firefox Beta 52.0b2 on Android = No more Twitter

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Mobile.
MrGolem

Post by MrGolem »

Wow! It took me all afternoon to get the meaning of "Moving to Mobile", I'm slow today. I thought is was a reference that Twitter was pushing Firefox user to use Mobile app. Just now, understood the reference and noticed the Move.

But Now I wonder if this will be seen and/or should it be moved to Bug report department? It does seem more like a Major Bug report than a Mobile related question.

If Firefox no longer works with Twitter in Beta, could this Bug be ported to Original version in future updates?? Thoughts?

:-)
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Easy does it. We have exactly one report so far of this problem, so we don't know whether this is a bug or not. By moving your post to this location we're hoping that someone else using the mobile version will either confirm or refute your report, or offer guidance on getting things to work properly.
James

Post by James »

Does not help that Twitter.com was down for a bit earlier though tweetdeak was still working for me then.
MrGolem

Post by MrGolem »

DanRaisch wrote:Easy does it. We have exactly one report so far of this problem, so we don't know whether this is a bug or not. By moving your post to this location we're hoping that someone else using the mobile version will either confirm or refute your report, or offer guidance on getting things to work properly.
I am truly, truly sorry if my wording, in any way, led to the thinking I was implying something negative. My only question, other than having misunderstood the "Move" comment, was my fear that under the Mobile section instead of Bug, it could make it harder to be found by someone with the power to escalate to a repair (?) department.

It is now 11h00 pm , Eastern Time (so more than 48 hours since I noticed the problem), and I am still unable to view Twitter on Beta FF while Original FF works just fine, except in both cases Not when I ask for Desktop site.

Again, I truly apologise if I have offended anyone. This was not my intention in any way.

Peace!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

No offense taken but you seem to be laboring under a false impression. We are not Mozilla so no one here can escalate your report. Mozillazine is a user helping user forum not run by or formally affiliated with Mozilla.
MrGolem

Post by MrGolem »

My bad, will try to find a Mozilla/Firefox Bug Report Forum. Sorry for the inconvenience. :-(

edit: Just found the appropriate forum to post to. I had them both mixed up. Truly my fault. Thanks for the latest information.

Thanks and Sorry.
MrGolem

Post by MrGolem »

In case this can help other, in a different forum, solution was posted and it works. (I did the extra step of Clearing "Cache and Data from app drawer as a precaution)
Was not sure if posting a Link to a different forum was appropriate or not, so I just copied the text.

"Twitter's mobile website has been making some major changes in the last several weeks. The following tweet is from an engineering manager at Twitter announing the change https://twitter.com/necolas/status/829128165314306048

I would suggest clearing Firefox's cache and cookies to download the newest version of their website. "
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

MrGolem wrote:My bad, will try to find a Mozilla/Firefox Bug Report Forum. Sorry for the inconvenience. :-(

edit: Just found the appropriate forum to post to. I had them both mixed up. Truly my fault. Thanks for the latest information.

Thanks and Sorry.
Not a problem at all. It happens all the time.