Cyber Scrub removes 100's of files, why?

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
zorro6204

Re: Cyber Scrub removes 100's of files, why?

Post by zorro6204 »

What, the settings? I already did, everything is set to the max, no cache, no reporting, no history, no bugger all.
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

zorro6204 wrote:What, the settings? I already did, everything is set to the max, no cache, no reporting, no history, no bugger all.

you need to give us examples of those files its deleting, and where they live on your system, i.e. C://path to files...
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

DanRaisch wrote:At the end of the day, without some indication as to which files are being removed by Cyber Scrub there is no way for anyone here to answer the "Why" part of your topic subject.

We need the list!!!!

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

DanRaisch wrote:
I don't think you'd sell many copies of your cleaning software if it destroyed applications!
Tell that to the folks that lost Firefox data to Ccleaner. There are numerous reports on these forums of folks who have to rebuild their Firefox profiles because Ccleaner wiped out files it should not have touched.
:roll:

Never seen this. Ever.

(knock on wood)
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Personally or on this forum? Because we get a reasonable amount on the forums
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
zorro6204

Post by zorro6204 »

There's no easy way to get a list, they just flash by in the software and are gone when it restarts. Looking at the directory before the erase is in c:\documents and settings\my name\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\1 jwgqfob.default\bunch of alpha-numeric stuff\bunch of alpha-numeric stuff, just long strings of letters and numbers.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

I don't know which package of that app. you use... but according to this link this (yours?) package has a log of what it has accomplished...
http://www.cyberscrub.ca/products/privacysuite/

If it does not then I suggest you follow what RobertJ said about keeping a clean profile handy to replace the one you just used....

... or do what Nettkrawler suggested... use Portable Firefox and run it off of a thumb drive... otherwise I seems that this is all a waste of time... especially since it is most likely not a Firefox issue.... so, MODS ... you might think of moving all of this. :?:
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Do not think this is a FF issue. Sounds more like a Cyber Scrub issue.

Moving

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
James

Post by James »

Since Miscellaneous Support is a Closed section I moved it to MozillaZine Tech so people besides Mods/Admins can still post in thread.