[Theme] Red Cats (green/blue flavor) 6.1.0

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
gracious1

Post by gracious1 »

Dear Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat,

I use Pale Moon 27 on Linux (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS). It is a fork of Firefox. In compatibility mode, it is equivalent to Firefox 27.*, but it is very modern and up-to-date (and available for Windows and Mac). Here is more info about Pale Moon.

Now I have found that Red Cats 6.0.0 works great with Pale Moon. 8-) The only issue is that the text in the URL bar is blurry. Here is a screenshot.
to show you what I mean.

I understand that you are very busy, and I realize that you have newer versions of Red Cats to worry about, but do you think you could possibly tweak version 6.0.0 so that it will take care of the blurry text in the URL bar? [-o< It seems to be only thing that is the matter, in an otherwise beautiful and fantastic theme that I adore! :)

Sincerely,
GVP
DanRaisch

Re: [Theme] Red Cats (green/blue flavor) 6.1.0

Post by DanRaisch »

Split from original thread because the OP is not using Firefox but a third party/unofficial build. It's up to the theme developer if they wish to invest the time to customize a version of their theme for such unofficial builds.
isaacschemm

Post by isaacschemm »

You should ask on the Pale Moon forums if you haven't already: https://forum.palemoon.org/index.php
gracious1

Post by gracious1 »

But what could they tell me at palemoon.org? I don't even know if Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat even reads that forum or is even aware that Pale Moon exists?
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

gracious1 wrote:But what could they tell me at palemoon.org?
How to fix the Firefox theme that they themselves forked for that 3rd Party build?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
isaacschemm

Post by isaacschemm »

gracious1 wrote:But what could they tell me at palemoon.org? I don't even know if Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat even reads that forum or is even aware that Pale Moon exists?
In that case I would send the theme author a private message.
gracious1

Post by gracious1 »

Scarlettrunner20 wrote:I've used Red Cats from the beginning and I too love it. I switched to Pale Moon sometime ago as my default browser as Red Cats works fine on it (as do most of my long time beloved extensions many that go back to Fx1). Most extensions and full themes will not survive the slaughterhouse that Mozilla has planned for later this year for Fx as it is turned into a Chrome imitator browser.
I have found that actually Red Cats 5.8.0 rather than 6.0.0 (or 6.1.0, which will not install) plus the extension Theme Compatibility Provider makes Red Cats work great in Pale Moon 27 (64-bit) on Linux (specifically, Ubuntu 14.04).
Scarlettrunner20 wrote:I'm not sure why the Red Cats developer should spend any more time on it when Mozilla is killing the full themes and all the good extensions this year. CTR will die soon too and without it what is the point in bothering at all with Fx? I hope the Red Cats author will move over to Pale Moon where she will be welcomed with open arms and joy as Pale Moon will continue to have and emphasize full themes. It would also be great to see Red Cats become available for Sea Monkey.
The deprecation of which you speak is happening, soon to be followed by complete removal, so I have stopped updating Fx as of version 52. I use Red Cats on PM even now (I changed to a simple Persona on Fx). So the developer may have some motivation to continue developing, as other developers have done so, implementing certain changes. Also if we write to her I think we might give motivation as well. [-o<