TLS false start test?

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
barbaz

TLS false start test?

Post by barbaz »

A long time ago, SeaMonkey was collecting TLS false start permissions regardless of whether false start was enabled. I disable false start, and I don't like cruft accumulating in my profile, so I wrote an extension to clear those permissions along with browsing history.

With "Extocalypse" on the way, I'm now trying to get rid of as much self-maintained extension code as I can reasonably do. And since I now run my browser in a sandbox most of the time, I'm no longer sure what permissions would/wouldn't accumulate. So I'm not sure if that extension is needed anymore.

I tried going to a site which previously caused a TLS false start permission to be generated. But no such permission showed up in the Data Manager. Nor was there one when enabling TLS false start and trying again. But I don't know if it's because of a SeaMonkey change, the site change, or something I've done to my profile.

Where and how can I test whether those TLS false start permissions are still being collected?
frg

Re: TLS false start test?

Post by frg »

>> Where and how can I test whether those TLS false start permissions are still being collected?

As far as I know they are no longer collected. I nuked my profile with 2.39 because the Toolkit permissions upgrade code did such a bad job and I had some other problems too. Since then I have not seens these entries anymore. If you check permissions.sqlite with a db editor you should see them fast if they are still in your db.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Cool. Based on your post, I searched dxr for "falsestart-", and it came up with 0 results. It looks like this may have been removed in Gecko 37.

But even SeaMonkey 2.26.1 isn't generating the permissions. I'm testing with a clean profile.

Do you know of a site that would cause it? Or how I could set up my local server to cause it?
frg wrote:If you check permissions.sqlite with a db editor you should see them fast if they are still in your db.
This would be the moz_perms table, right?

If so, I'm not seeing false start permissions in there either.
frg

Post by frg »

> Do you know of a site that would cause it? Or how I could set up my local server to cause it?

Sorry no.

> This would be the moz_perms table, right?

Yes. moz_host is the old pre 2.39 one and no longer used.