The new (incredibly annoying) status popup

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
jeffw_00

The new (incredibly annoying) status popup

Post by jeffw_00 »

HI - so since 2.46 - everything i close SeaMonkey, I get a status window that it's Deleting Browsing History, etc. I can't seem to move this, and it appears in the top left, which is exactly where I need to click on the app behind it. So I have to wait or cancel. Can I get rid of this? Move it off-screen?

Thanks!
/j
Anonymosity

Re: The new (incredibly annoying) status popup

Post by Anonymosity »

When I close SeaMonkey, I get a dialog box asking me if I want to clear private data, and allowing me to change my choices of what to clear. I actually like that, since I do not always want to clear data. That box appears right in the middle of the screen, however. I have no idea how one would get it to move elsewhere (and am not really interested in doing that).
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

jeffw_00 wrote:HI - so since 2.46 - everything i close SeaMonkey, I get a status window that it's Deleting Browsing History, etc. [...] Can I get rid of this?
SeaMonkey Preferences > Privacy & Security > Private Data, it'll be one of the top two checkboxes you're looking for, I think.

Anonymosity wrote:I actually like that, since I do not always want to clear data. That box appears right in the middle of the screen, however. I have no idea how one would get it to move elsewhere (and am not really interested in doing that).
Good for you.

Meanwhile, the OP has different interests and is asking for help making their browser how they would like it.
jeffw_00

Post by jeffw_00 »

Actually, the OP is wondering if there's a way to turn off this new feature. I assume it was there to make visible that SM actually runs for a few seconds after you close it, and that's a good idea. However, it would be nice if it could be a little less visible (or visible in a more convenient place)

thank you
/j
[and yes, that did seem like a bit of a thread hijack, although I think the poster meant well. :-) ]
therube

Post by therube »

I wasn't seeing any dialog on Quit?
Might it be an extension that is displaying the dialog?
(When I tried it, first time, it took a LONG time before SeaMonkey finally exited memory. Some sort of dialog would have been nice in that instance. I actually thought I had hung. Seem to recall an old bug where clearing cache on shutdown caused a hang, but I didn't find it.)

(Otherwise 2.46 seems to have a bunch of ugly dialogs that I don't recall "interfering" in the past. Bottom right corner, on the completion of a download, I think is one. UGLY. And password prompts, the what do you want to do, ugly.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
jeffw_00

Post by jeffw_00 »

therube - do you have boxes checked to clear history on exit, etc?
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

therube, it's not an extension. If you check both boxes like I mentioned above, you'll see the dialog on quit.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

therube wrote:(Otherwise 2.46 seems to have a bunch of ugly dialogs that I don't recall "interfering" in the past. Bottom right corner, on the completion of a download, I think is one. UGLY. And password prompts, the what do you want to do, ugly.)
Try reading my userChrome thread, I did that Download popup size fix ages ago.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
therube

Post by therube »

If you check both boxes like I mentioned above, you'll see the dialog on quit.
Still didn't see it. I'll keep on looking ;-) (I have it set to only clear Cache.)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
jeffw_00

Post by jeffw_00 »

set it to clear browsing history you'll see it
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

therube, I see it in a new, clean profile if I set just these options -
[img]
[/img]

It doesn't matter how the other checkboxes there are set. If those top two I've outlined are checked, you'll get the dialog on quit.
Last edited by barbaz on April 26th, 2017, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
therube

Post by therube »

I can assume we are NOT talking about this dialog:
Anyhow, I still have not see anything, upper left?
(Seems I've been on both XP & Win7.)

barbaz

Post by barbaz »

therube wrote:I can assume we are NOT talking about this dialog:
Oh. I assumed we ARE talking about that one.

jeffw_00, if that's not what you mean, can you please post a screenshot of what you're seeing?
jeffw_00

Post by jeffw_00 »

Edit -> PReferences =>Privacy & Security -> PRivate Data = a screen similar to what you sow above but is stored as default - check the boxes there