Firefox 5.0.1 Changing Bookmark Folders Icon

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
firef_user

Firefox 5.0.1 Changing Bookmark Folders Icon

Post by firef_user »

Hi,
created the "chrome" folder in the folder put files L.png(16x16),W.png(32x32), R.ico(16x16)
created userChrome.css
but unfortunately does not change the icon of the Bookmark folder
please do not offer extensions_addition ( Bookmarks Folder Images and etc I know)
§.sorry for the robot translator into English
here is the code

Code: Select all

#PlacesToolbarItems > toolbarbutton.bookmark-item[container][label="Lin"] {
  list-style-image: url("file://C:\Users\mo\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\d72jrvsk.default\chrome\R.ico") !important;
  -moz-image-region: auto !important;
}
that's the icon comes out
Last edited by LIMPET235 on February 22nd, 2017, 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed the un-needed code to reset the forum display.
firef_user

Re: Firefox 5.0.1 Changing Bookmark Folders Icon

Post by firef_user »

that is not created by me icon
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

You need forward slashes and 3 slashes after file: :

file:///c:/Users/mo/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/d72jrvsk.default/chrome/R.ico
And I believe the file needs to be .png not .ico
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
firef_user

Post by firef_user »

L.A.R. Grizzly thanks for the help
3 slashes after file
I thus tried → url("file:///C:\Users\mo\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\d72jrvsk.default\chrome\16x16_lin.ico") !important;
tried everything
the file needs to be .png not .ico
ico and png and tried (16x16 && 32x32)
firef_user

Post by firef_user »

these are pictures of the «Bookmarks Folder Images» with ease inserts
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

firef_user wrote:Hi,
created the "chrome" folder in the folder put files L.png(16x16),W.png(32x32), R.ico(16x16)
created userChrome.css
but unfortunately does not change the icon of the Bookmark folder
please do not offer extensions_addition ( Bookmarks Folder Images and etc I know)
§.sorry for the robot translator into English
here is the code

#PlacesToolbarItems > toolbarbutton.bookmark-item[container][label="Lin"] {
  list-style-image: url("file://C:\Users\mo\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\d72jrvsk.default\chrome\R.ico") !important;
  -moz-image-region: auto !important;
}
You don't need to path images that are placed in the chrome folder at all. Just use this format for them -

list-style-image: url("webapps-16.png") !important;
  	-moz-image-region: auto !important; }
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
firef_user

Post by firef_user »

You don't need to path images that are placed in the chrome folder at all. Just use this format for them

#PlacesToolbarItems > toolbarbutton.bookmark-item[container][label="1"] {
  list-style-image: url("webapps-L_16.ico") !important;
this is what happens
Last edited by firef_user on February 22nd, 2017, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
firef_user

Post by firef_user »

here is some code from "Bookmarks Folder Images"

@namespace x url(laaBookmarksFolderImages);

/***********************************************************************************************/

menupopup#BMB_bookmarksPopup menu.bookmark-item[container][x|laabfimage="u-Linux-2_16-ico"],
menupopup#bookmarksMenuPopup menu.bookmark-item[container][x|laabfimage="u-Linux-2_16-ico"],

toolbaritem#personal-bookmarks toolbarbutton.bookmark-item[container][x|laabfimage="u-Linux-2_16-ico"],
toolbaritem#personal-bookmarks menu.bookmark-item[container][x|laabfimage="u-Linux-2_16-ico"],

tree#bookmarks-view treechildren::-moz-tree-image(primary,container,laabfimage-u-Linux-2_16-ico),
#placesView tree    treechildren::-moz-tree-image(primary,container,laabfimage-u-Linux-2_16-ico),

tree#laaBookmarksFolderImages-places-tree
                treechildren::-moz-tree-image(primary,container,laabfimage-u-Linux-2_16-ico),

tree#laaBookmarksFolderImages-images-tree
                treechildren::-moz-tree-image(container,laabfimage-u-Linux-2_16-ico),

image#laaBookmarksFolderImages-images-folder-image[x|laabfimage="u-Linux-2_16-ico"],
image#laaBookmarksFolderImages-images-new-image[x|laabfimage="u-Linux-2_16-ico"]

{ list-style-image:url("file:///C:/Users/mo/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/d75ozqck.default/chrome/BookmarksFolderImages/Linux-2_16.ico")!important;
    -moz-image-region:auto!important; }

/***********************************************************************************************/

menupopup#BMB_bookmarksPopup menu.bookmark-item[container][x|laabfimage="u-Linux-2_32-ico"],
menupopup#bookmarksMenuPopup menu.bookmark-item[container][x|laabfimage="u-Linux-2_32-ico"],

toolbaritem#personal-bookmarks toolbarbutton.bookmark-item[container][x|laabfimage="u-Linux-2_32-ico"],
toolbaritem#personal-bookmarks menu.bookmark-item[container][x|laabfimage="u-Linux-2_32-ico"],

tree#bookmarks-view treechildren::-moz-tree-image(primary,container,laabfimage-u-Linux-2_32-ico),
#placesView tree    treechildren::-moz-tree-image(primary,container,laabfimage-u-Linux-2_32-ico),

tree#laaBookmarksFolderImages-places-tree
                treechildren::-moz-tree-image(primary,container,laabfimage-u-Linux-2_32-ico),

tree#laaBookmarksFolderImages-images-tree
                treechildren::-moz-tree-image(container,laabfimage-u-Linux-2_32-ico),

image#laaBookmarksFolderImages-images-folder-image[x|laabfimage="u-Linux-2_32-ico"],
image#laaBookmarksFolderImages-images-new-image[x|laabfimage="u-Linux-2_32-ico"]

{ list-style-image:url("file:///C:/Users/mo/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/d75ozqck.default/chrome/BookmarksFolderImages/Linux-2_32.ico")!important;
    -moz-image-region:auto!important; }
firef_user

Post by firef_user »

here's another

/*******************************************************************************************/

/* The code below is a sample userChrome.css file that can be used to change the image for
   specific Bookmarks folders. The userChrome.css file should be placed in the "chrome"
   subfolder of the user's profile folder. The browser must be restarted after any update.

Note that if the user is using an extension or another mechanism to open the Library view
   in a tab, rather than in a separate dialog window, then it may be needful to place code
   such as this in userContent.css rather than in userChrome.css to style the Library icons.

This sample is exported from the Bookmarks Folder Images extension. It is provided for
   information only. It may fail or require adjustment on some systems. */

/*******************************************************************************************/

/* Translators: Please translate comments, not the code. However, you may translate
   "MyImage", "My Favorites", and "My-Favorites".
   For My-Favorites", keep the hyphen ("-"), with no spaces. Don't translate "label-". */

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

/* These CSS selectors set the images for the specific Bookmarks folders in the browser's
   various popups and tree views. The tree views are only stylable in this way if the
   Bookmarks Folder Images extension (or an equivalent extension) is installed.

For the tree views, note that the selectors consist of "label-" followed by a copy
   of the folder name in which any embedded spaces are replaced with hyphens ("-"). */

/* #personal-bookmarks (Bookmarks Toolbar) */
/* #BMB_bookmarksPopup (Bookmarks Popup in nav-bar) */
/* #bookmarksMenuPopup (Bookmarks Menu in menu-bar) */

/* #bookmarks-view (Bookmarks Sidebar) - treeView panel */
/* #placesView (Library View) - treeView dialog */

/* The example below picks up an image file from the "chrome" folder. If you have set up a
   BookmarksFolderImages subfolder in the chrome folder for use with this extension, you can
   pick up an image from it by changing the last line to:

{ list-style-image:url("BookmarksFolderImages/MyImage.png")!important; -moz-image-region:auto!important; }

The same technique will work with any subfolder of the chrome folder.

The "laaBookmarksFolderImages" selectors are optional. They will make your special folder images
   show up in this extension's style dialogs, so you can keep better track of what's happening.
*/

/* Set icon for "My Favorites" Bookmarks folder */
#personal-bookmarks .bookmark-item[container][label="My Favorites"],
#BMB_bookmarksPopup .bookmark-item[container][label="My Favorites"],
#bookmarksMenuPopup .bookmark-item[container][label="My Favorites"],
#bookmarks-view treechildren::-moz-tree-image(primary,container,label-My-Favorites),
#placesView     treechildren::-moz-tree-image(primary,container,label-My-Favorites),
#laaBookmarksFolderImages-places-tree
                treechildren::-moz-tree-image(primary,container,label-My-Favorites),
#laaBookmarksFolderImages-images-folder-image[folderlabel="My Favorites"]
  { list-style-image:url("MyImage.png")!important; -moz-image-region:auto!important; }
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Frank Lion wrote: You don't need to path images that are placed in the chrome folder at all. Just use this format for them -

list-style-image: url("webapps-16.png") !important;
i.e. you change webapps-16.png to the name of your own image.

...and stop posting those useless pictures and code.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
firef_user

Post by firef_user »

why these codes do not work without "Bookmarks Folder Images" ?
firef_user

Post by firef_user »

folder color change well

#PlacesToolbarItems > toolbarbutton.bookmark-item[label="Lin"] {
   background-color: #4C81A3 !important;
   color: #CCCC00 !important;
   -moz-appearance: none !important;
}
firef_user

Post by firef_user »

i.e. you change webapps-16.png to the name of your own image.
sorry, but it's still not working

#PlacesToolbarItems > toolbarbutton.bookmark-item[container][label="1"] {
  list-style-image: url("L_16.ico") !important;
.and stop posting those useless pictures and code

This aid forum for Firefox_browser users, or I did not get there?