[Ext] ThunderBrowse 3.3.5 for Thunderbird

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
ChocolateTeacup

Re: [Ext] ThunderBrowse 3.3.5 for Thunderbird

Post by ChocolateTeacup »

Thunderbrowse is an awesome extension, :D

I can't run FF and Thunderbird at the same time on my old machine.

Is there any way I can extract Thunderbrowse bookmarks for backup and later use in FF?

Debian Wheezy Gnome Classic.
Thunderbird 24.3.0,

Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.
Flycaster

Post by Flycaster »

I have exactly the same problem with Thunderbrowse 3.82 (its status bar disappears, a la urcindalo's post above) while running on the latest Thunderbird.. Any answers to this problem?
Windows 11, FF Latest, Edge v94, Thunderbird Latest, Defender
slowrobert

Post by slowrobert »

Hello,

I am having a compatibility issue with ThunderBrowse and CompactHeader.

When both are installed the long yellow box for 'blocked content' and the option to show it no longer pops up once a link if opened in a thunderbrowse tab.

I contacted the developer of CompactHeader:

jmozmoz wrote:Ok. I was able to reproduce this behavior. But also, with only ThunderBrowse installed. So this looks like a ThunderBrowse bug.

(Probably, the reason, why I could not reproduce this was, that for whatever reason, that ThunderBrowse tab were opened as a Thunderbird tab and not in the message pane. If I install ThunderBrowse in a fresh profile, it uses tabs there. But there seems to be another bug in ThunderBrowse so I cannot change the tab style (there is an error message in the error console).)

So you probably have to ask the author of ThunderBrowse to fix this.

slowrobert wrote:Hello,

I am running Thunderbird 31.0 release update channel, Windows 7, CompactHeader 2.0.9beta1, ThunderBrowse 3.82.

For me, when I first start Thunderbird, I also get the long yellow box with the choice to show content with a button on the far right.

After opening my first tab normally through selecting a link in an email, that yellow box no longer appears. I have tried this with 1 line, 2 lines and showing full header with Thunderbird restarted each time. Sometimes it does not fail right away, showing the yellow box for one or two more messages, even after I have closed the Thunderbrowser tab.

But normally, as soon as I close the Thunderbrowser tab using the red close button on the upper right of the tab page, as soon as I am back in the email reading section, the yellow box never again appears (till restart).

I am uncertain how to post a screen-shot here, but it wouldn't show much anyway, just a page with the broken links picture place-holders and no yellow bar at the top, as if I had clicked the close 'x' in the yellow box.
MagicFab

Post by MagicFab »

Can't click on "OK" to save settings, this is broken in TB 31+ (tested in Windows and Debian 8).
wilsojer

Post by wilsojer »

I'm also having this problem with changing options - cannot press OK once I've made some changes to the options. Is this being worked on ? Or is there a workaround we can use ?
Thanks.
PackElend

Post by PackElend »

Hallo,
I have quite a strange problem. The OK Button in the settings menu, what you can call out of the Add-On Tab, is. not working.
Any possibility to debug it?

thx

stefan
Flycaster

Post by Flycaster »

Not exactly sure when the following started to happen, but I do know that I had not added any addons prior to thunderbrowse's acting up. Here's the problem:

With thunderbrowse set to open links in the browser (Firefox, latest), when Thundrerbird first opens and a link is selected, that link with open in FF. However, thereafter, selecting the link, or another link in another email, elicits no response from thunderbrowse. Setting the thunderbrowse icon to open links via a tab in Thundebird, consistently works. This is after thunderbrowse has been consistently working correctly for a long time. I have delete thunderbrowse, reinstalled it again and restarted Thunderbird, but still the same issue...just first time connection to browser, but not after that.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

I haven't read all this thread but JIC you didn't know...(or has someone taken it over?)
So long ThunderBrowse!
February 26th, 2017

Hey everyone.

It’s been years since my last update. I used to develop ThunderBrowse in my spare time when I was in middle/high school, which seems like forever ago. As you can probably tell from the title of this post, I’m officially ending the project. Unfortunately, I no longer use Thunderbird, which lead to waning development a few years back before ceasing completely.
From his blog...
> http://thunderbrowse.com/thunderblog/
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Flycaster

Post by Flycaster »

Thanks for the heads up, Limpet. It's a shame that Thunderbrowse is no longer functional as this really was a great addon. Also, now I don't have to wonder why it no longer is working...
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

No probs FC.

Might just lock this up to stop any spamming.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)