Auto update not working any more ...

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
tranle

Auto update not working any more ...

Post by tranle »

I have this problem that happen on 1 of my pc. The 'auto update' does not work correctly any more for both firefox and thunderbird. Usually when you choose to update, there is an updater.exe process that start and tries to kill all the firefox or thunderbird processes, do the update, then restart the firefox or thunderbird.

But for me the updater.exe does not seems to be able to kill all the firefox or thunderbird processes, there is always one that hangs around, then the updater.exe just wait for a few seconds and just quit.
If while the updater.exe still run, I manually kill the single remaining firefox or thunderbird process, the updater.exe just finish the update correctly.

Does anybody knows how to fix this or knows if the updater.exe write a log somewhere the cause why it failed ?

Thanks.
James

Re: Auto update not working any more ...

Post by James »

Is this with the bleeding edge Nightly channel build your Testing?
tranle

Post by tranle »

Yes, I am running currently the nightly builds and the problem only happen on 1 machine with windows 10. I have other workstation and laptops running win10 and win7 and the same builds, they do not have problem updating.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Moving to Firefox Builds where the test builds are discussed.