Firefox 55

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Firefox 55

Post by joeg »

I'm sure this is no surprise, but with the arrival of Fx 55, a couple of extensions have stopped working: Status-4-Evar (for which someone has already kindly provided a workaround), Toolbar Buttons, and QuickPage Zoom are the ones I've noticed so far.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
WaltS48

Re: Firefox 55

Post by WaltS48 »

Add about:config buttons to that list.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
lithopsian

Post by lithopsian »

This seems to be a major bustage in nightly although it claims to have also been lifted to 54:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1335877
Mouse5

Post by Mouse5 »

i think you'll find a lot of Extensions will Break an or fail to work at all from 55 onwards. , unless the Author of those Extensions have Ported there Extensions over to WebExtensions. or consider your Favorite Extensions DEAD an Burried
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

As mentioned, (with the help of "Chris000001"), I've now got the Status-4-Evar extension working. I think the problem is related to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1335877, but I'm not quite sure.

Anyway, I've just installed the YouTube Video and Audio Downloader in Fx55, but the icon appears in the navigation bar rather than in the status bar, where I want it. I've been fooling around with it for awhile, but have been unable to find a way to do it. Can someone help with this, please?

Another interesting quirk is that the icons for one of the extensions that I thought had stopped working because the icon was gone when I got the statusbar working again (QuickPage Zoom) turns out to have been relocated on the addon bar (logical I guess). I wanted to place it on the status bar but couldn't, so I clicked a button or message or something that said "move to menubar", which I did, but now it's gone with the wind. Anyone know how to get it back. I've gone to to the add-on Options, but couldn't find a solution.

Thanks very much.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.