Whitelist for HTTP sites

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
juliusCaesar

Whitelist for HTTP sites

Post by juliusCaesar »

The new feature that notifies when a site uses an unsecure connection is nice. However we all visit the same sites every day and we already know which ones don't use HTTPS. Getting the warning once in enough. No need to get it every day.
There should be a whitelist where we can add the sites that we visit every day and don't want to receive this warning from. This way u/n and p/w will be auto-filled like before and we won't have to select them by clicking on the u/n field.
therube

Re: Whitelist for HTTP sites

Post by therube »

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

juliusCaesar wrote:The new feature that notifies when a site uses an unsecure connection is nice. However we all visit the same sites every day and we already know which ones don't use HTTPS. Getting the warning once in enough. No need to get it every day.
There should be a whitelist where we can add the sites that we visit every day and don't want to receive this warning from. This way u/n and p/w will be auto-filled like before and we won't have to select them by clicking on the u/n field.
I use Secure Login (Web Extension) 0.1.4 and don't repeatedly see the warning anymore on sites like this one.

Secure Login (WebExtension) :: Add-ons for Firefox
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
juliusCaesar

Post by juliusCaesar »

Thank you both for your answers.

therube that thread provided the answer to my issue. I still maintain that it should not be necessary to go through about:config to achieve this but at least its solved for now.