[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Post by Aris »

RaveDave1 wrote:Since i updated to 52esr as i am a Windows XP user, the font color on the popup menu for recent searches on the CTR old style search bar has now changed to grey from black, is there anyway to change this back?

Thanks
The color of menu items above "search suggestions" inside search popup was adjusted in Fx 52 to match Fx 51 color, but I guess Windows XP never used that "grey" color, did it?

This code should fix it:

Code: Select all

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#main-window[fx52plus="true"] #PopupSearchAutoComplete .search-panel-tree .autocomplete-treebody::-moz-tree-cell(fromhistory),
#main-window[fx52plus="true"] #PopupSearchAutoComplete .search-panel-tree .autocomplete-treebody::-moz-tree-cell-text(fromhistory){
  opacity: 1.0 !important;
}
max2 wrote:Is this true?
starting with Firefox 53 (slated for release on April 18), non-WebExtensions add-ons will no longer be accepted for signing / display on Mozilla's add-on site
So how will CTR be updated or do updates not count ?
Yes, you can not upload new non-WebExtensions for Firefox to AMO anymore after Firefox 53 will be out. Updating currently available add-ons is not affected by this.
max2

Post by max2 »

Aris wrote:
RaveDave1 wrote:Since i updated to 52esr as i am a Windows XP user, the font color on the popup menu for recent searches on the CTR old style search bar has now changed to grey from black, is there anyway to change this back?

Thanks
The color of menu items above "search suggestions" inside search popup was adjusted in Fx 52 to match Fx 51 color, but I guess Windows XP never used that "grey" color, did it?

This code should fix it:

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#main-window[fx52plus="true"] #PopupSearchAutoComplete .search-panel-tree .autocomplete-treebody::-moz-tree-cell(fromhistory),
#main-window[fx52plus="true"] #PopupSearchAutoComplete .search-panel-tree .autocomplete-treebody::-moz-tree-cell-text(fromhistory){
}
max2 wrote:Is this true?
starting with Firefox 53 (slated for release on April 18), non-WebExtensions add-ons will no longer be accepted for signing / display on Mozilla's add-on site
So how will CTR be updated or do updates not count ?
Yes, you can not upload new non-WebExtensions for Firefox to AMO anymore after Firefox 53 will be out. Updating currently available add-ons is not affected by this.
Wow that really had me on edge thanks for the confirmation! Thankfully this not apply to current and future add-on updates until maybe Firefox 57 :(
avada

Post by avada »

Hi Aris!

Once upon a time you provided me with some CSS to have the modern green icon with the FF back/forward, X,C buttons.

Recently an anymated icon started to appear while downloading, which is blue. Can that be made green too?
Aris

Post by Aris »

You do not need the old code anymore.

1. install latest Classic Toolbar Buttons (beta)

2. open CTBs options page and select
2.1 main icons style: Firefox 3
2.2 downloads indicator: modern green icon

3. use only css code in Stylish (or on CTR window) to change "all tabs" button icon and download icons default state like before

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#downloads-button:not([cui-areatype="menu-panel"]):not([indicator="true"]),
#downloads-button:not([cui-areatype="menu-panel"]) > .toolbarbutton-icon{
  list-style-image: url("chrome://cstbb-extension/content/icons/fx_toolbar_29i.png") !important;
}
#downloads-button:not([counter]) > #downloads-indicator-anchor > #downloads-indicator-progress-area > #downloads-indicator-counter,
#downloads-button:not([attention]) > #downloads-indicator-anchor > #downloads-indicator-icon{
     background: -moz-image-rect(url("chrome://cstbb-extension/content/icons/fx_toolbar_29i.png"),
               0, 198, 18, 180) center no-repeat !important;
}
#alltabs-button:not([cui-areatype="menu-panel"]){
 list-style-image: url("chrome://cstbb-extension/content/icons/alltabs-inverted.png") !important;
}
#alltabs-button[type="menu"]:not([cui-areatype="menu-panel"]){
 list-style-image: url("chrome://cstbb-extension/content/icons/toolbarbutton-dropdown-arrow-inverted.png") !important;
}
Last edited by Aris on March 11th, 2017, 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
avada

Post by avada »

Aris wrote:You do not need the old code anymore.

1. install latest Classic Toolbar Buttons (beta)

2. open CTBs options page and select
2.1 main icons style: Firefox 3
2.2 downloads indicator: modern green icon
http://i.imgur.com/QlgbkGV.png

3. use only css code in Stylish (or on CTR window) to change "all tabs" button icon and download icons default state like before
Not everything seems to work. Actually right now I can't get it to change at all with the "downloads indicator" setting. It seems to be wholly dependent on the "Main icons style". The Modern Green icon is unavailable

The old CSS, doesn't affect it. The new changes it into the white/blue anymated icon instead of the grey/blue. Not quite what I wanted, but at least it does something. I prefer the icon to be green and fill up as green. Or at least the white that I have now but filling up with green. (Not sure if an animated green icon is available, or whether the animated icon is a firefox or a CTB/CTR feature. I see now that FF has now the question is whether there is one for the "modern green" arrow, and whether I can configure to use it.)
Aris

Post by Aris »

I fixed the above code and it indeed now depends on the mentioned configuration.
There was one state missing. After clicking download button once it only returns to its initial state after a browser restart.

Now there is always a white arrow as downloads icon unless a download is finished. Then it turns to whatever you have set as downloads indicator icon.
frankell

Post by frankell »

Dear Aris
I just updated from FF 50.1.0 to FF52 and the "TabHoverQuickTip" completely disappeared
well I discovered that with CTR disabled the tooltip appears again (naturally not in the right position)
I really hope you can suggest how to fix it
many thanks in advance !

(Btw I'm using this css style by bernstein )
#tabbrowser-tab-tooltip {
display: none !important;}
.tabbrowser-tab::after {
background: transparent ;
content: attr(label);
margin-top: 10px;
margin-left: -6px;
white-space: nowrap;
/* generic hover style */
position: fixed;
padding: 4px 0px !important;
color:#CCEBFF!important;
text-shadow: black 1px 2px 1px !important;
-moz-box-align:center!important;
font-weight: bold !important;
font-family: Arial !important;
font-size: 12px !important;
display: none;
z-index: 10000; }
.tabbrowser-tab:hover::after {
display: -moz-box; }
/* position correctly on win7 */
#main-window[stylish-platform="Win32"] .tabbrowser-tab:hover::after {
left: 140px !important;
top: 39px !important;
padding-bottom: 3px !important;
opacity: 1!important;}
#main-window[stylish-platform="Win32"][sizemode="maximized"] .tabbrowser-tab:hover::after {
top: 6px !important;}

Last edited by frankell on March 12th, 2017, 2:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
avada

Post by avada »

Aris wrote:I fixed the above code and it indeed now depends on the mentioned configuration.
There was one state missing. After clicking download button once it only returns to its initial state after a browser restart.

Now there is always a white arrow as downloads icon unless a download is finished. Then it turns to whatever you have set as downloads indicator icon.
Thanks!
Aris

Post by Aris »

frankell wrote:Dear Aris
I just updated from FF 50.1.0 to FF52 and the "TabHoverQuickTip" completely disappeared
well I discovered that with CTR disabled the tooltip appears again (naturally not in the right position)
I really hope you can suggest how to fix it
many thanks in advance !

(Btw I'm using this css style by bernstein )
display: none !important;}
background: transparent ;
content: attr(label);
margin-top: 10px;
margin-left: -6px;
white-space: nowrap;
position: fixed;
color:#CCEBFF!important;
-moz-box-align:center!important;
display: none;
z-index: 10000; }
display: -moz-box; }
opacity: 1!important;}
#main-window[stylish-platform="Win32"][sizemode="maximized"] .tabbrowser-tab:hover::after {
top: 6px !important;}

http://i.imgur.com/11VQqMi.png
Your code needs some tweaking and a tiny fix to work with CTRs tab appearances in Fx 51+.

Add this to a new Stylish style (disable the old one):

/*AGENT_SHEET*/

display: none !important;
}
  background: transparent !important;
  content: attr(label) !important;
  margin-top: -20px !important;
  margin-left: 0px !important;
  white-space: nowrap !important;
  position: fixed !important;
  color: #CCEBFF !important;
  -moz-box-align:center !important;
  display: none !important;
  z-index: 10000;
}
  display: -moz-box  !important;
}

opacity: 1!important;
}

top: 6px !important;
}

/*override CTRs code that hides default after/before stuff */
#main-window[fx51plus="true"] .tabbrowser-tab::after,
#main-window[fx51plus="true"] .tabbrowser-tab::before {
}
frankell

Post by frankell »

I already knew and I'm just going to confirm: Aris you are "The Man" !!
many thanks again for your great hard work
skaithakk

Post by skaithakk »

I seem to have an issue that just popped up, the tab bar is messed up for me while using CTR.

Image 1 is just standard view and image 2 is the view in customize. I have no idea how to fix this as it just started doing this when i opened up firefox.

http://i.imgur.com/on3XaLx.png

http://i.imgur.com/knkR0wc.png
Aris

Post by Aris »

Try to disable the "complete theme" you are using and report back.
Looks like recent Lavafox/Blackfox theme updates resolved that issue.
notonymous

Post by notonymous »

Hello Aris -
The "separator" that I use on my toolbars seems to have disappeared with a recent update, and when I open the "customize" menu, there is a blank image for the separator. The separators return to my toolbar if I disable CTR.

Aurora 54.0a2 Build ID 20170313004011 (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0)

CTR 1.6.4beta1
marty60

Post by marty60 »

notonymous wrote:Hello Aris -
The "separator" that I use on my toolbars seems to have disappeared with a recent update, and when I open the "customize" menu, there is a blank image for the separator. The separators return to my toolbar if I disable CTR.
Same problem here but even when I disable CTR there's still no separators. This is only with the default theme, the separators are there with a Firefox 2 theme I've got installed.
notonymous

Post by notonymous »

marty60 wrote:
notonymous wrote:Hello Aris -
Same problem here but even when I disable CTR there's still no separators. This is only with the default theme, the separators are there with a Firefox 2 theme I've got installed.
Yes, you are correct. The "separators" that I saw when I disabled CTR were actually part of the default button icons.