Email Disappearing

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Alarian

Email Disappearing

Post by Alarian »

I have a problem that started Jan 31. I have email that comes from one place (Patreon) that never arrives in my email box and seems to be getting deleted off the server as well. It only happens on my main pc. If I check my email from my laptop, the email will be there and download, but if my main PC checks first, the email never shows up in SeaMonkey and it is also getting deleted from the server. Two days ago I changed where the mail goes too. (I changed it from my ISP's server to my Outlook.com mail account and the exact same thing happened. I was able to download it to my laptop, but then as soon as I checked from my PC, it was deleted from my outlook.com account as well and not showing up in SeaMonkey. I am at a loss to figure out what's going on as the mail is getting permanently deleted before I have a chance to even know it's arrived. When I Spoke with Patreon, they told me the mails are getting returned to them and so they have stopped sending me mail once before.

As I said before, as far as I know, all my other mail is being received normally and my filters (Spam and regular) are working correctly, and none of it is being deleted/returned off the servers until after 4 days, which is what I have it set to.

Anyone have any ideas whats going on?
DanRaisch

Re: Email Disappearing

Post by DanRaisch »

How is the account set up in SeaMonkey, as POP or IMAP?
Alarian

Post by Alarian »

DanRaisch wrote:How is the account set up in SeaMonkey, as POP or IMAP?
POP on my main account and outlook.com is IMAP.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

With the POP account I would advise confirming that the server settings are set to leave messages on the server so that any action in SeaMonkey should not result in removal of the message on the server side.
With the IMAP account it's a different matter as that "leave message on server" option is not present. Have you reviewed all user created filters to ensure that they are not doing anything based on that sender's identity?
Alarian

Post by Alarian »

Yea I checked my pop account and it's correctly set to leave on server for 4 days. Yea, I've actually gone through all my filters multiple times. I actually turned off all my filters earlier this morning. I haven't seen an email yet from the website in question though so I'm not sure yet if that is going to make a difference.
therube

Post by therube »

Patreon, they told me the mails are getting returned to them
Are they not able to provide the reason for the return?
Outlook.com mail account
That is what "web mail" (aka hotmail aka live.com aka...) & as opposed to Outlook mail client?

(When my brother sends me an email from his work account, I never see it - at all. Whatever the issue is, it is his end.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Alarian

Post by Alarian »

I know the issue is on my end, because I can load up my account in my web browser and watch and I will see the email appear in my account. As soon as SeaMonkey mail retrieves the mail from the server, the email in question (and only from patreon.com) will disappear from the server and not appear in SeaMonkey. I was lucky enough to be watching yesterday and witnessed it.

I actually moved where I get my patreon emails sent to now from outlook.com to my gmail account so I'll see if it happens again. If it does, I'll be at a loss as to whats happening.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Just to be sure, you've checked all of the folder in that account in SeaMonkey to make sure that the messages are not being automatically moved to the Junk folder?
Alarian

Post by Alarian »

DanRaisch wrote:Just to be sure, you've checked all of the folder in that account in SeaMonkey to make sure that the messages are not being automatically moved to the Junk folder?
Yes. More times than I can count. I've gone through every folder countless times looking to see if they were going somewhere else.