[Ext] Add Bookmark Here ²

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
sojusnik

Re: [Ext] Add Bookmark Here ²

Post by sojusnik »

The latest version of your add-on on Firefox 52 doesn't allow to remove the "recently bookmarked" folder, as described here: http://techdows.com/2016/07/firefox-49- ... arked.html
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

sojusnik wrote:The latest version of your add-on on Firefox 52 doesn't allow to remove the "recently bookmarked" folder, as described here: http://techdows.com/2016/07/firefox-49- ... arked.html
Hide Recently Bookmarked in Bookmark Menu:

Code: Select all

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#BMB_recentBookmarks { display:none!important; }
#menu_recentBookmarks { display:none!important; }
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
jkljkl02

Post by jkljkl02 »

boobie goodness wrote:Firefox 52.0b3
Linux 4.9.0-1-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 4.9.2-2 (2017-01-12) i686 GNU/Linux

As soon as I upgraded from Firefox 50.01 (or some such) to Firefox 52.0b3, hitting the return key in the "add bookmark here" dialog no longer works.

To make matters worse, I can no longer do any "ALT + <key>" to activate the "done" button. So I have to go and pick up the mouse and use that.

Please fix.
==================
Also, the Esc key no longer cancels the operation.
Esc key should 1) Remove just placed bookmark. And, 2) Close the Bookmark Management window.
ziffusion

popup form does not get focus automatically

Post by ziffusion »

Ever since the last update, the form that pops up for "Show the dialog with single click (toggle)" - does not get the focus automatically. The behavior used to be that the form would pop up, it would have focus, and the text would be selected. But not anymore.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

ziffusion wrote:Ever since the last update, the form that pops up for "Show the dialog with single click (toggle)" - it does not have the focus automatically. The behavior used to be that the form would pop up, it would have focus, and the text would be selected. But not anymore.
Hello, thanks for the report, I have fixed this issue, please try the new version:
v52.0.20170311: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
+ Fixed: auto focus on "Name" field no longer work since Firefox 52+
ziffusion

Post by ziffusion »

yuoo2k wrote:Hello, thanks for the report, I have fixed this issue, please try the new version:
v52.0.20170311: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
+ Fixed: auto focus on "Name" field no longer work since Firefox 52+
Thanks for the quick turn around!

Curious about what the issue was? Why did it suddenly start doing this?
sojusnik

Post by sojusnik »

yuoo2k, thanks!

What about:
sojusnik wrote:The latest version of your add-on on Firefox 52 doesn't allow to remove the "recently bookmarked" folder, as described here: http://techdows.com/2016/07/firefox-49- ... arked.html
It should be normally disabled in the context menu, like described in the link above, but your add-on somehow doesn't show the appropriate entry.
L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:
Hide Recently Bookmarked in Bookmark Menu:

Code: Select all

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#BMB_recentBookmarks { display:none!important; }
#menu_recentBookmarks { display:none!important; }
Thanks, but I hope, that we will have a proper solution for that soon.

Cheers!
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

It would be nice if your add-on was available for SeaMonkey, if it's not too much trouble...
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
Niemenser

Post by Niemenser »

Hello

There is one big issue that disrupts my work flow: when adding a bookmark, it is not being added into the last opened folder but INTO THE LAST USED one.

This refers to the Firefox Bookmark Manager.

I would appreciate a solution.

Best Regards

Niemenser
partcynical

Post by partcynical »

e10s enabled, right click a url and select 'Bookmark This Link' does nothing. No window to select bookmark folder. Also, after doing this I can't close Firefox with the 'close window' button.

Fresh install of Version: 52.0.2, Build ID: 20170323105023
No additional extensions
randomgoti

Post by randomgoti »

Versions :Firefox 53 x64 / ABH2 52

Whenever i use the rightclick feature from the advanced panel on the bookmark star the toolbar context menu also appears
Context menu items are : Move to menu , remove from toolbar etc

Thanks
avada

Post by avada »

Hi!

Strangely enough, it seems like Add Bookmark Here ² breaks the back forward button on mozilla-central, and also the customization view. None of which are related to this addons functionality... Weird.
jamesejohnson

Post by jamesejohnson »

Hey guy, a heads up for you to consider and hopefully fix. On google pages only (from what I could tell) when one clicks the add...here nothing at all happens. worked before just fine, so had to be last update I guess. Hope this helps your efforts for this great addon. Thanks Jim :D
It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from man.
marty60

Post by marty60 »

Can confirm avada's post, with the latest nightlies the back/forward commands on the context menu don't work right if this addon is enabled. Also, when bookmarking a page from the star in the location bar the dropdown box is no longer functional.
harl windwolf

Post by harl windwolf »

You know, I'd really love to continue using this? But my main issue with it is now that it breaks the star icon from working properly, where

a) it doesn't show whether the current page is actually already bookmarked or not (it doesn't turn yellow/blue etc), so this essentially breaks the whole bookmarking process for me, because having an indicator to see that a page is actually bookmarked (so I can look it up via the address bar, and it's not just in the history) is one of the main reasons I even bookmark pages in the first place, and

b) clicking the star icon doesn't show the drop-down frame even IF the page is bookmarked, so I have to press Ctrl+D to bring it up just to check the page is bookmarked (or remove the bookmark etc). (So, it's not that I have to use a keyboard short-cut what bothers mes, but that the star icon is broken by an add-on that I otherwise want to be able to rely on when I click stuff, which apparently I can't.)

I'd be delighted if you could fix these things.. in addition to what's already been mentioned by randomgoti, avada (& marty60).