[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Post by Aris »

Nothing changed for me with today's Dev/Nightly builds. Even tested both "Compact" themes on a new profile with only CTR installed.

notonymous

Post by notonymous »

Well, that's not what I see with a clean profile and only CTR installed:

The "separator" image is blank in the customisation panel and there should be separators between most of the toolbar icons. There appears to be some spacing so the separator image isn't null.
Aris

Post by Aris »

OK, separator images are only missing using Windows Classic visual style. Next update will offer separators non-classic visual style currently provides as a workaround.
notonymous

Post by notonymous »

Aris wrote:OK, separator images are only missing using Windows Classic visual style. Next update will offer separators non-classic visual style currently provides as a workaround.
Terrific, the new beta fixed it :-) Thanks very much.
marty60

Post by marty60 »

Hi Aris, where is the setting for Windows Classic visual style, I can't locate it? The reason I ask is because in my Firefox 2 theme all the separators are dark black now so I'd like to change them back.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Sorry, I have not excluded that "fix" from complete themes yet. Next update will solve your issue, but you already can install this dev build on Nightly without waiting for next beta.

Code: Select all

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7nryrx0npd4yhc/CTR201703141.xpi?dl=0
marty60

Post by marty60 »

That build fixed it, the Firefox 2 theme has the old-style separators back. The dark black ones look good in the default theme though, maybe consider an option to toggle between the two or maybe it's already there and I'm missing it?
Aris

Post by Aris »

At the moment there is no option to toggle between different toolbar separators. The current fix "restores" dark and light separators for default, lightweight and "Compact" Firefox themes on Windows XP, Vista and 7 when using "Windows classic visual style". Other cases were not affected by recent Aurora/Nightly changes.

Complete themes still handle separators correctly anyway, right?
neektj

Post by neektj »

Hey,

First of all - great addon. It's a big shame it won't work post FF57.

I was just wondering how the "Reduce space above toolbar" option is implemented? I tried searching through your code on Github, but couldn't find it (I'm a complete newbie to coding).

Is this option something that will be possible once WebExtensions is enforced? Or would it be possible to do with a Greasemonkey or Stylish script?

Thanks
Aris

Post by Aris »

We do not know how or even if css code will be able to tweak ui in Firefox 57 yet. I guess unpacking, modifying and repacking browser files might work, but that is not something for the majority of users and it also would have to be repeated for every browser update.

The mentioned option just changes margin values (margin-top: ...px) above tabs toolbar in some cases.
marty60

Post by marty60 »

Aris wrote:Complete themes still handle separators correctly anyway, right?
Yes, with that fix you posted yesterday both of my complete themes are displaying separators as they previously had.
85rx-7se

Post by 85rx-7se »

Aris .. can you please have a look at my post here at the Mozilla Forums ?

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14739089

It has been suggested that perhaps Classic Theme Restorer is causing the issue I see with Bookmarks
that are on the Bookmarks Toolbar ... The problem is only happening on my Dell 8200 XP PRO SP3 computer.
It is not happening on a Toshiba Laptop with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit .. both are running Firefox 47.0.2
and the same set of extensions. The issue I am trying to fix is the square shape around the items on the
bookmarks toolbar.

JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

@85rx-7se

FWIW, I did NOT say CTR is the cause... but implied CTR may have a fix
Good Luck
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
Aris

Post by Aris »

@85rx-7se
The "square shape" is a feature of Classic Toolbar Buttons add-on and not CTR.

Go to CTBs options page and uncheck classic style for bookmarks toolbar buttons, items & folder options.

I suggest not to combine CTBs custom back forward button icons with CTRs icons+text options. This combination was not meant to be used together as you can see on your screenshot.
Trel

Post by Trel »

I'm having a display issue.

Win 7, Firefox Developer Edition 54, CTR 1.6.4 Beta 4

The left most is how it looks now, the right (in irfan view) is how it used to look.
The nav bar got quite skinny.