new tabs

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
bob c

new tabs

Post by bob c »

I like my tab browsing as I have it in FF. I can't get SM to open new tabs no matter what options I choose.

If I go to google, it shows 1 tab, then to a link or a new site like yahoo, still 1 tab. In firefox I would have 3 tabs showing, 1 for google, 1 for the link and 1 for yahoo, and more if they were needed.

I can't get SM to do this. Is there a way? I don't like having to hit the back button to to go back to other pages. In the scenario above, I would have to hit the back button 2 times to get back to the google page.

Looking at SM in the hopes of using it if 1 day I have to leave FF. sigh !
ElTxolo

Re: new tabs

Post by ElTxolo »

... I can't get SM to open new tabs no matter what options I choose.
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240109 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.1
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240324 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
bob c

Post by bob c »

ElTxolo wrote:
... I can't get SM to open new tabs no matter what options I choose.

that's OK, but how do I get it to do it like FF, without having to use a middle click, just by left clicking on the link or toolbar button, and then using the middle click for closing each individual tab.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Are you running any tab related extensions in Firefox, such as TabMix Plus?
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

If you are opening links from a Google search page and getting them to open in the current tab, that's actually a Google setting. In the lower right of the page, click Settings, then Search Settings. Part way down the page, make sure that "Open each selected result in a new browser window" is checked. If you have SM setup to use tabs instead of windows, the links will open in a new tab, not a new window.

If you are already on a search page (not google.com, but a page with search results), the settings link moves to the upper left.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

bob c wrote:that's OK, but how do I get it to do it like FF, without having to use a middle click, just by left clicking on the link or toolbar button, and then using the middle click for closing each individual tab.
I needed to use an extension in Firefox for me to be able to do that.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)