layout.css.style-attr-with-xml-base.disabled in about:config

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
Pim

layout.css.style-attr-with-xml-base.disabled in about:config

Post by Pim »

By accident, I found that SeaMonkey 2.52a1 now has a new about:config entry: layout.css.style-attr-with-xml-base.disabled
Can anybody tell me anything about this one? It sounds promising, but a quick and dirty test shows that it does nothing. At least, not what I thought it might do.

So anyway, I find that I cannot search for this pref. No matter what search engine I use or if I wrap it in quotes or not, all I get is pages that happen to contain the individual words, but not the whole string.
Help?
Groetjes, Pim
barbaz

Re: layout.css.style-attr-with-xml-base.disabled in about:co

Post by barbaz »

Pim

Post by Pim »

Thanks.

Unfortunately I don't know enough about the sources to be able to tell from it if it's SVG only, or what it is they add the ref to. But thanks anyway!
Groetjes, Pim
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

You're welcome. :)
Pim wrote:Unfortunately I don't know enough about the sources to be able to tell from it if it's SVG only, or what it is they add the ref to.
Neither do I. I was hoping someone else could figure out what that code does.
vladmir

Post by vladmir »

Pim

Post by Pim »

Ah, now I get it. Thank you!

For people who are interested, this flag disables the effect of the xml:base attribute for loading of resources in the style attribute.

So if you have a piece of XHTML code (not HTML)

Code: Select all

<div xml:base="http://storagesite.com/" style="background:url('picture.png')"></div>
this will normally load the background picture from the url http://storagesite.com/picture.png. But if you set layout.css.style-attr-with-xml-base.disabled, it won't work (it will only try the current directory, obviousy).
And the reason for this flag is that people want to remove xml:base altogether, and this flag will help in phasing it out (by making testing easier).
Groetjes, Pim