Notification (Mac)

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Garoolgan

Notification (Mac)

Post by Garoolgan »

HI,
I'm back on Thunderbird after a few years on MacMail and was wondering whether there is the possibility of having a notification on the task bar when an email arrives?
In MacMail there is a round dot with the number of emails received since the program was last opened and you get used to helpfule little things like that!
The message board says that my message contains too few characters so here I am trying to add some more words in order to be able to send this request off. Even with ese last two sentences my message still haa too few characters so on we go writing rubbish in order to fill Mozilla's requires total of characters......
Thanks for any hints
Garoolgan
Last edited by DanRaisch on March 19th, 2017, 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added (Mac) to subject line.
LIMPET235

Re: Notification

Post by LIMPET235 »

hi,
Have you checked what is available in Tools > Options > General > "When a new message arrives"?
I think the path is correct but things may have changed in the latest version/s.?
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
sfhowes

Re: Notification (Mac)

Post by sfhowes »

Besides setting the option in Tools/Options (Edit/Preferences in Linux), you may have to adjust taskbar settings in the OS to ensure the notification icon is 'always on', i.e. persistent, as you have to do in Windows.