Firefox vulnerabilities

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Von_Zipper

Firefox vulnerabilities

Post by Von_Zipper »

I read somewhere Firefox was excluded from browser security contest because it is so full of vulnerabilities it does even not make sense to test it.
Here's proof: Real men run their PC as root!
Jokes aside, Firefox is insecure. If run as user it still will allow attacker into users home directory, and as in case above user files can be ransomwared.
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: Firefox vulnerabilities

Post by malliz »

Not too sure why you are spreading FUD but it will get you nowhere here
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Von_Zipper

Post by Von_Zipper »

Why you call it FUD? Calling names does not change the fact.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

What facts ? Some wet behind the ears Linux Script kiddies opinion? please go away
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Von_Zipper, do you have some specific and legitimate source for the information you're posting here? If so, please post the site so it can be evaluated. If not....
James

Post by James »

Von_Zipper wrote:I read somewhere Firefox was excluded from browser security contest because it is so full of vulnerabilities it does even not make sense to test it.

Firefox is insecure.
Yet Firefox is among the browsers at Pwn2Own 2017 and has one mention at https://www.zerodayinitiative.com/blog/ ... 17-day-two which is why there was the Firefox 52.0.1 Release yesterday. The Edge web browser however got exploited several times so maybe Edge should be excluded then.

Firefox is insecure because you say so and because one guy was running everything as Root in that one case.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

This has no business being in "Bugs", or anywhere else for that matter, but for want of a better place, moving to Fx General.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Von_Zipper wrote:Why you call it FUD? Calling names does not change the fact.
The fact of laziness of just writing 'I read somewhere...' or the fact that you don't understand that anyone running as root is asking for trouble with any browser?

Seriously, this thread has to be the most feeble, ill-educated attempt at forum trolling that I've seen in a long time.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
GHM113

Post by GHM113 »

Von_Zipper wrote:I read somewhere Firefox was excluded from browser security contest because it is so full of vulnerabilities it does even not make sense to test it.
http://www.eweek.com/security/pwn2own-h ... cro-effort
One change in the 2016 event [Pwn2Own 2016] is that the Mozilla Firefox Web browser is no longer part of the contest. "We wanted to focus on the browsers that have made serious security improvements in the last year," Gorenc said.
Already discussed on this forum:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=2989937
Sorry for my poor English.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

And doesn't exactly say what was claimed. Locking this as redundant to older thread.