Firefox is slow and unresponsive

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
TheKiller

Re: Firefox is slow and unresponsive

Post by TheKiller »

I tested them clean. No addons etc.
I just am not. I scanned with Malawreware. Nothing wrong. Not even a bad cookie.

Firefox is just slow and my patience cant handle it. I am curious how come you guys find it running smoothly.

Facebook for example is very slow. Loading seems to be slowly interrupted for short moments.

I think my graphics card may be a bit laggy. Works ok for all 1080p media though. Could it affect FF performance?
Chrome is more smooth tho :-\
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Not sure where I can be of further help...but,

This is a 8 year old Acer laptop with a SSD drive, 4gig of memory and I have a 6meg internet line...nothing special with the vid card... in fact, I have to lower the resolution on Y.T. vids else they get real jerky... I can live with that.

I just visited this F.B. link (you need a login to go deeper into it...) but that first page(s) ... about 30 I'd guess fully loaded in less that 4 seconds... that first page took less than a second and to get to all of it took the other time used.... also, I did not log in for this test.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1410979405828607/

In summary, I'm very satisfied with Firefox version 52... not sure what is going on at your end but Malwarebytes does not always catch everything... none of them do...

These are FREE ... you install them and just run them from time to time.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
SuperAntispyware
AdwCleaner Download

I also use the free version of Avast.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
D3c3bal

Post by D3c3bal »

I have the same problem and only with Facebook. I have a full license AV (Kaspersky Total Protection) and my configuration is:
Windows 10 Professional ‎(X64)
AMD FX-8300 clocked at 3.30 GHz
16 GB total memory type DDR3 to 805.25 MHz (means 1600MHz)
AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
SSD ADATASP550 of 223.57 GB SATA III

To mention, that I don't have this problem with any other site, just Facebook, and just on Mozilla Firefox. The problem appeared about 1 week ago, I didn't had this problem in the past, and I didn't do anything (I have the same config since months ago and I didn't install any other software that could damage it).

I tried Facebook on Microsoft Edge, it was incredible how fast it was.

Please can someone from Mozilla investigate this. FFS I installed today Chrome and I fking hate it, and going to Edge ain't a freaking solution as it sucks more than Chrome (no matter the speed).

If a mod/admin needs more info I have a screen recording doing some tests which I'm willing to share.

Thank You,
Regards,
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

D3c3bal, please note the disclaimer in the right hand column of this page. This forum is not run by or formally associated with Mozilla. We're an independent user-helping-user community.

Do you see the same issue if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
Despite the fact that you have not installed anything recently, Firefox extensions may update automatically or Kaspersky may have updated it's engine, resulting in different results.
D3c3bal

Post by D3c3bal »

Hi DanRaisch,

Sorry, in my desperation didn't read all the T/C's from the site. Sadly I tried Firefox in safe mode and it's the same, no improvement :(

If Kaspersky updated the engine, shouldn't Microsoft Edge be affected also?

Edit: Ok, I think it's kaspersky. I disabled it and Facebook started running smoothly again. I will do some tests and search for solutions. I will come back when I find something.

L.E.: Didn't figure out what to do, raised a case with Kaspersky. Will let you know what happens.

If anyone has any idea what I can do to repair this, please let me know, it's driving me nuts ](*,)

Regards,
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

In some posts around this board it's been suggested to close Firefox, get into the users AV product... find all refs. to the problem app. (in this case, Firefox) and remove 'all' data associated with Firefox... normally found in the AV products 'data' file and... they normally have a user access point so that user can see what the AV product is controlling... anyway, remove all Firefox entries, close the AV user inter-phase and then start up Firefox so that the AV product can 'relearn' about it.... sometimes updates to a product (again in the case... Firefox) are not always handled correctly by the AV product... anyway, give that a try.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
GHM113

Post by GHM113 »

D3c3bal wrote:L.E.: Didn't figure out what to do, raised a case with Kaspersky. Will let you know what happens.
If anyone has any idea what I can do to repair this, please let me know, it's driving me nuts ](*,)
Try to disable ant-banner:
https://support.kaspersky.com/11472#block1
Also, try to update database:
https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=367153
No matter what browser I use, it's painfully slow. Some sites became buggy like Twitch.tv (login, chat issues). Previous Anti Vir progamm is completely removed. Tried de- and reinstalling, didn't help.
I use Win 7 home 64 bit. Is it possible to downgrade to KIS 2016?
We were informed about this problem, it will be fixed in next database update, which will be available within an hour.
Also, their tech support is painfully slow, you might get a faster response on the forum:
https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showforum=4
Also, Kaspersky is full of bugs and 0-day exploits. The worst antivirus software in the world ](*,)
Sorry for my poor English.
D3c3bal

Post by D3c3bal »

Hello,

I'm back and the problem is gone. Kaspersky help/service desk has come back and provided the below information which fixed the problem:

"Could you please open main windows of Kaspersky Total Security 2017 - Settings - Additional - Network and uncheck point "Inject sript into web traffic to interact with web pages"? Check if the situation persists?"

I hope this helps other people also.

Regards,
shanayaoberoi10

Post by shanayaoberoi10 »

When Firefox hangs, it stops responding to your clicks and keystrokes and doesn't seem to be doing anything. Also, a "(Not Responding)" label is displayed in the title bar and the mouse cursor becomes a spinning wheel when it's over the Firefox window. This article gives you solutions to Firefox hangs depending on when they happen.
To resolve hanging problems not specifically mentioned in this article, or if the suggested solutions do not solve the problem, see Troubleshoot and diagnose Firefox problems.